Ster Kinekor Cinema Movie Theater  » Entertainment  »
Centurion Mall, Cnr Lenchen North & Heuwel Streets, Centurion, 0046, Gautemg Province, South Africa
  • The great aspects of my day out to the Ster Kinekor big screen in Centurion, include the whole experience

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

Since I am not all that much of a big screen type of person, I was dragged to the cinema as part of a friend’s birthday celebration and I must say it was surprisingly nice.

Negatives: The one thing I don’t like about cinemas, including Ster Kinekor is the fact that I often find myself having to wait for a movie I want to watch to

start or even sometimes change the original plan altogether, because the times listed in the entertainment section of the newspaper are not in synch with the actual times in which they screen the movies. This gets a bit irritating for me.

Positives: The great aspects of my day out to the Ster Kinekor big screen in Centurion, include the whole experience. It is a great setting ...

• with the blue floor lights and dark room with a massive screen and great sound. But what adds to the flavor for me is the WOW effect of the speakers that make for a great experience when I am watching scary movies. The random speaker selection adds a whole new dimension and makes for a great experience when the sound effects of a scary scene
        in the movie suddenly jump out at you, emanating from a speaker close by unexpectedly.

Price: I’m not really sure about the full price because I have a gold membership card which I was surprised to find it still active, considering I hardly ever go to the movies. On Tuesdays particularly, I only spend $1 for a movie, leaving a whole lot of change for some proper movie snacks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5920071200231031/k2311a0720/7.20.10