Creative Zen V 4gb MP3 Player
  • It's not a major problem but really annoying if you are stuck on a train or plane and don't have anything small enough to reset it with
  • I would happily buy another Creative Mp3 player in future and would recommend one to anyone looking for an alternative to the Ipod

• by essjaydee

I’ve owned this Creative Zen Mp3 player for nearly 2 years and although I haven’t exactly been kind to it the Creative Zen is still going strong.

I chose this because it worked with the Napster subscription service so for a monthly charge I could download as many songs as I liked to my Mp3 player. At the time the Apple Ipod didn’t work with Napster and after comparing the two I preferred the Zen.

I liked the look of the Zen V it looks quite cute with it’s shiny black casing, rounded corners and minimum branding.There is a directional toggle for navigating

the menus and a play/pause button on the front and a volume control on the side.

The Zen V has a 1.5 inch colour screen which is nice and bright making it easy to see the menus. I’ve never used mine for pictures a 1.5 inch screen is never going to be great for viewing your photographs so I’ve never bothered loading any to it.

I never felt the need to use the software that came with the Zen why load up my PC with yet another piece of software when the Zen works perfectly as an external drive. Unlike my previous Mp3 ...

• player I can just plug this one in and drag and drop tracks from my PC or Napster direct to the Zen.

The sound quality is good although I did ditch the original headphones in favour of Sennheisers. I use this Mp3 player every day either through headphones or through my car stereo and the only thing I would change would be to have some bass/treble settings.

The Zen came with a little velvet pouch with a drawstring tie which is pretty much useless as you can’t access the controls without taking it out. I should have bought a case for it as

after 2 years of scuffing against keys etc in my pocket or the dashboard of my car it now looks a bit rough although it still works perfectly.

The only bad thing I have found with the Zen is occasionally it will freeze this is easily fixed by pushing the reset button with a pin. It’s not a major problem but really annoying if you are stuck on a train or plane and don’t have anything small enough to reset it with.

I would happily buy another Creative Mp3 player in future and would recommend one to anyone looking for an alternative to the Ipod.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1619071199560331/k2311a0719/7.19.10