Heritage Steel Pool Ladder  » Housewares  »
1.0
  • This product is not something I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a pool ladder

• by mariekay

We have had a pool in the back yard for a couple years. The pool is they kind that you put up each summer and then take down each fall. We have had good luck overall with our pool, and when we purchased it, it came with everything that was needed such as a pump, filter, chemicals, and a ladder. Over the past couple summers, that ladder has gotten quite a bit of use…and probably some abuse. The pool always seems to be full of kids, and inevitably, they seems to jump off the ladder, pull on it, wobble on it, and other

things that we tell them not to do. Due to this fact, the ladder was beginning to get quite wobbly and not very sturdy. When I would climb on it, it felt like it would buckle under me at any moment. So, rather than wait for an unfortunate incident to occur, we decided to find a replacement ladder for the pool.

We didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a new ladder, but we did want something that was sturdy and safe. We found the Heritage Steel Pool Ladder and it was only around $30, so we purchased it. We had not seen the ladder assembled or displayed at the store, we only saw it in the box, but we decided to give it a try. The ladder came in two different sizes, and we purchased the larger one. Our pool is only 48” deep, but even the large ladder said it was for pools up to 42” deep. But since it was the largest one they had, we figured it would work for us.

We got the ladder home and assembled it. Putting it together was quite easy. Once it was put together, we placed it in the pool and it seemed to ...

• Heritage Steel Pool Ladder
      fit okay. It was a bit on the small side, but we knew that beforehand. The ladder was surprisingly lightweight, and once I tried it out, I realized it was not sturdy, I did not feel safe on the ladder, and even when the kids would use it, I would make sure they had someone holding the base of the ladder to make it more sturdy. I went back and read the instructions (something I should have done before purchasing) and it said the weight limit was 150 pounds. Well, I am under that, but my husband certainly is not, so this
      ladder wouldn’t be appropriate for him. Because he doesn’t use the pool much anyway, we left the ladder in for the kids for about a week. After that amount of time, the legs on the ladder had already started to rust. We decided to return the ladder and find something else.

Luckily the store offered us a refund for the ladder. This product is not something I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a pool ladder. It’s too small, not sturdy, and it rusts in a very short amount of time. I would recommend spending a little more to get something better quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5319071199390331/k2311a0719/7.19.10