Special Edition Strawberried Peanut Butter M&M’s by Mars  » Food  »
  • Just when I thought I had tried every flavor and combination of candy, they go and create a limited edition product that I couldn’t wait to try
  • But actually, I think the strawberry may be mixed with a layer of chocolate inside which surrounds the creamy peanut butter
  • I am kind of relieved, although I like peanut butter I have never been a fan of a big nut in my candy
  • Although I have only seen them in that one store, I was happy to find them on Amazon in case they become even harder to find

• by jude244

The other day I was waiting online at the grocery store when I spotted an unusual bag of M&M’s. Just when I thought I had tried every flavor and combination of candy, they go and create a limited edition product that I couldn’t wait to try.

If you are out and about look for the bright red and yellow striped bag containing these wonderful little goodies, because you never know where and when they’ll pop up.

This particular special edition is kind of fun too. If you were the kid that grew up with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch this new flavor will bring back memories. According to the bag,

this is the Strawberried Peanut Butter flavored special edition M&M. I just can’t over how much this tastes like one of those sandwiches.

The particular bag I purchased was 1.40 ounces or the small size of one of their usual bags. The M&M’s are about the usual size if not slightly thicker and contain their trademark candy outer shell, and then soft creamy peanut butter inside. Although, I am not sure which part contains the strawberry flavor, there is no mistaking its presence. I guess in keeping with the flavor, they limited the outer shell colors to strawberry red, chocolate brown, and peanut butter dark yellow.

Originally when I had purchased ...

• this, I had figured it was a peanut M&M with a strawberry flavored coating. But actually, I think the strawberry may be mixed with a layer of chocolate inside which surrounds the creamy peanut butter. I am kind of relieved, although I like peanut butter I have never been a fan of a big nut in my candy.

Now for the nutritional info, as you may very well imagine a peanut butter product contains a lot of fat. This small 1.40 ounce size contains 230 calories of which 130 are fat calories or 14 grams of fat (8 grams saturated fat). The total carb count for these yummy little gems is 22 grams

with 19 grams being the result of sugar. On the bright side the peanut butter contributes 4 grams of protein.

I think if you are a peanut butter person you are really going to want to try these while they are available. Although I have only seen them in that one store, I was happy to find them on Amazon in case they become even harder to find.

If you’d like to try them yourself or know someone who misses the old PB&J sandwiches of yesteryear, go to Amazon and get them while you can. Currently you can order an 18.40 size for 11.99 USD or 24 individual bags for 26.00 USD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719071199310331/k2311a0719/7.19.10