McCalls’ Patterns  » Web sites  »
  • Because I was a newbie to the sewing world, I thought the only place to find McCall Patterns were in a sewing store
  • I like how all the pattern categories are listed on the left-hand side bar which makes it easier to find patterns without having to type in each individual pattern

• by C.Channing

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com is the home of all the McCall Patterns and one of many of my favorite sewing pattern websites to make purchases from. Because I was a newbie to the sewing world, I thought the only place to find McCall Patterns were in a sewing store; however, I soon realized they had their own site with a larger inventory of patterns: both current and out-of-print.

The site has taken on a major redesign since the last time I made a purchase and it looks a lot better because of it. The background has various shades of purple which makes

it more fashionable and visually attractive–at least to my buyer’s eyes. I like how all the pattern categories are listed on the left-hand side bar which makes it easier to find patterns without having to type in each individual pattern. However, I like how efficient the search bar is and that if I make a mistake in searching for a pattern the results will either be the exact item I am looking for or patterns similar to it. I like the simplicity of the website overall, yet I appreciate how organized it is.

I like how easy it is ...

• to create a customer account and to login in to make purchases. I like how when I go to look at a specific pattern, all the information about the pattern on the back of the envelope is listed on the website which enhances the quality of my experience when I decide to purchase a pattern. The checkout process is really easy: I just add the size of the pattern I need, click add to shopping bag, and proceed to checkout. Even though my orders arrive in a timely fashion, I wish they would opt to use other
        delivery methods besides the postal service. They also add a fee on based on the amount of patterns you have, but if you’re like me and order when there is a good sale going on then the fee doesn’t really matter.

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com is one of the best place to purchase patterns online: the website is easy to navigate, registering for an account is simple, searching for patterns is easy as well, and the customer service is great. Their choice in delivery is okay, however, I hope one day they will expand to either FedEx or UPS for faster delivery times.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2019071199150231/k2311a0719/7.19.10