Mexican Casserole Bowl: Amy’s Frozen Dinner
  • I like that the ingredient list on this meal is so short and simple
  • The best thing about this meal is that it has a lot of protein in it 11 g in fact yet it is still lower in calories than most other Mexican dishes
  • I think that is the perfect cheese but there just is not enough
  • I love the black beans in this and what ever the sauce is is really scrumptious
  • Honestly I don't think they should advertise this one as organic due to the fact that the percentage is low

• by makeithappen

The Mexican Casserole Bowl is one of my most favorite dishes that Amy’s makes. It is very easy to microwave and is so filling. Personally I would much rather buy one of these then go out to eat at a Mexican restaurants.

It is really that good. I like that the ingredient list on this meal is so short and simple.

You can easily pronounce everything in the list and will know what it is. I hate frozen

dinners that have long complex sounding ingredients that are mysterious, to me that means bad for you.

But this dish is made so well and tastes so good. The best thing about this meal is that it has a lot of protein in it 11 g in fact yet it is still lower in calories than most other Mexican dishes.

To me that is a sign of a good meal. And it is fast and I really like ...

• that, only takes 5 min to make in the microwave.

Now I do wish they would use a little less corn in this and maybe a little more of the Monterrey hack cheese. I think that is the perfect cheese but there just is not enough.

I usually end up adding a sprinkle of my own cheese and eating around some of the corn. I think the bean distribution is really good.

I love the black beans in

this and what ever the sauce is is really scrumptious. The other down side is that it is only 73% organic.

Personally I don’t mind that about this dish since the ingredients simple is so simple but I do think it is noteworthy enough to bring it up. Honestly I don’t think they should advertise this one as organic due to the fact that the percentage is low.

Still it is a good meal and I will keep buying it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718071198880331/k2311a0718/7.18.10