Elizabeth Arden Tender Blush Sheer Stick in Rose  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found out this blush was the absolute opposite to The Multiple in terms of the richness of its pigments
  • I love the barely-there pink tone of this blusher on my skin, although, the glittery particles spoils the seemingly natural finish
  • I’m averse to creamy blushers due to my oily problem
  • The stick is priced at 25 dollars I think
  • I will not recommend this product mainly for the price

• by jhunie

Just one of the beautiful things I got for my birthday last month, I was excited to use this blush among other things because of the news regarding the makeup connoisseur Tom Pecheux taking over the Estee Lauder’s empire as the creative director. This Tender Blush Sheer Stick is a flanker to the compact powder form before so I assume this is one of Estee Lauder’s new products. I wasn’t interested with this product given its price but thanks to a thoughtful friend who ordered it from yesstyle.com and the merchandise arrived by mail. Like all Nars The Multiple wannabes, this blush is suppose to be a versatile face color for eyes , lips and cheeks. I had been using my Nars stick for quite a long time now, it’s a veteran in my vanity kit which purposely serves as a good highlighting accent for the face except on the cheeks since its muddy shade is too strong for a blush.

This blushing stick might be a potential substitute for trips because of its all around rosy color, but just like Nars, it fails to do everything and falls short as a multi-faceted product.

I found out this blush was the absolute opposite to The Multiple in terms of the richness of its pigments. Tender blush may be mistaken to be poorly pigmented but I understand it’s in keeping with the product’s supposedly sheer quality. The blush is very soft so I don’t think it will do a lot of color pay-off, not even saturation for darker complexions. I love the barely-there pink tone of this blusher on my skin, although, the glittery particles spoils the seemingly natural finish. Despite the shimmers, the blush appears flat on me. It feels wax-like upon dabbing it on the face which suggests it’s a bit tricky to build layers. The thick creamy paste settles on skin with a powdery finish. I was able ...

• to come up with a discernible shade in 2 swipes of the product, though the dry finish doesn’t allow me to stretch the pigments for a believable cheek stain.

Its matte quality is superb and the balmy texture really sets well, partly contributed by the cold days. I wonder how it shall fare on skin for the summer. I’m averse to creamy blushers due to my oily problem. However, I don’t think I’ll loathe on this one because it lasts fairly good plus the blush holds well without melting. I expect it’ll make a sweat-proof cheek color for the summer. As for now, I’m holding on to my semi-cream blusher with a faux dewy finish to contradict the dry rainy climate. I’m currently painting a minimalist look on my face, without foundation this blushing stick will just make me look more pallid. I had trouble once patting the stick, a gesture that yields to no good results. I realized

I had to deliberately glide it over the skin for the color to come out.

In the same manner, I had to dab it a few times on my lips to create a beautiful stain on the mouth. I bet it could double as a lightly tinted balm if you’d like. The shade in Pink has a bit of a taupe tinge, sort of a purplish tone. I actually liked the one in Rose, a darker red shade I had sampled before. Forget the blush’s extended purpose for the eyes since its dry texture would be too rough for the delicate eye area and the sheer wash of color would be too subtle. The stick is priced at 25 dollars I think. I love the regal gilded case of the stick which adds to its swanky appearance.

I will not recommend this product mainly for the price. If money is no object though, this would make a good blusher for those oily types.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118071198790231/k2311a0718/7.18.10