Flexeril (medication)  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • I found that it certainly did provide relief in my back and neck, but that it did not totally eliminate pain completely
  • Overall, I think Flexeril is a good medication for minor to mid-range injuries or muscular discomforts

• by cjaneb877
      Flexeril is a medication that falls under the category of muscle relaxers. It comes in pill form and is not available over the counter, but can only be obtained with a physician’s prescription.

Unlike a pain killer, flexeril is designed to eliminate muscular contractions and pinches by relaxing muscles, and thereby reducing tension.

Commonly, this medication is prescribed for back injuries, sprains, strains, and sports injuries.

Some people like it because it will

provide limited relief to areas which obtain swelling or tension without inducing a rather lethargic feeling, as a narcotic medication would.

Others find that this medication can assist with decreasing muscular spazims but it does not help pain that is lingering or accute.

I was prescribed this medication for a back injury a few months ago after I was in a car accident with a deer.

I found that it certainly did provide relief ...

• in my back and neck, but that it did not totally eliminate pain completely.

I did like it because although it gave me relief from discomfort, I did not feel like my head was in the clouds, as I did when I had tried taking prescription pain killers.

Overall, I think Flexeril is a good medication for minor to mid-range injuries or muscular discomforts.

I think it would probably not work well on any

kind of bleeding wound or major muscular injury, however, and that something stronger should be utilized in those types of situations.

I experienced no major side effects from taking Flexeril aside from feeling slightly sleepy about two hours after taking it.

Flexeril is a medication that can be purchased relatively cheaply with prescription coverage through health insurance, but without insurance, like with most medications, you may wind up paying several hundred dollars for a small bottle of pills.

DOUG ALAN says :

Will it work for weakness in the legs or difficulty with walking or balance or even clumsiness in the use of my legs? flexeril if not what medication will work?

Galega says :

If muscle has any local problem (which means that the problems, pain or something else, is not because of nerve signals), then Cyclobenzaprine (Flexiril) is a wonderful medicine.

However, Flexiril has no impact on muscle functions. That is what your problem. I would not suggest you to take Flexiril for this probelm.

You are required to understand the reason behind the weakness. It may be a simple reason or something complicated. I would suggest you to get qualified medical advise.

Nick Draganov says :

Will flexeril help with a shoulder pain from performing bar dips? Do I need an anti-inflammatory?

Galega says :

Yes, it may help you.

however, remember Flexiril will nor provide you permanent solution. It is for only short term use. Anyway, you can go ahead.

You can also try anti-inflammatory medicine. I don’t see any problems.

However, if you are a sportsperson, please be consult your personal trainer about any medicine. You can inadvertently take some banned medicine of WADA.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261801119860231/k2311a0118/1.18.07