Impulse London (City Collection) Body Spray  » Cosmetics  »
  • Impulse is my favourite body spray as their scents are never cheap smelling like some body sprays and it generally last a long time
  • Actually, I think this particular Impulse scent has a relatively sophisticated perfume to it
  • Firstly for practical reasons I like it because there is no lid to take off (and then lose under the chest of drawers) – you simply press down on the top and the aerosol emits the spray
  • I love this personally and would buy this one again

• by jeanne71

Impulse is my favourite body spray as their scents are never cheap smelling like some body sprays and it generally last a long time. Impulse is a classic product and just perfect for making me feel extra confident as it is rather like a cross between a perfume and a deodorant – you can spritz it liberally all over and top it up as the day goes on if necessary and it makes you smell great without being too overpowering. It also handy if I have sneaked out of the office for a cigarette (naughty, naughty) of if it is a hot day and I just need to feel fresh again. The Impulse I am reviewing is from their ‘City Collection’ and it is called London. I will resist making any jokes about what ‘essence of London’ might smell

like, such as Kate Moss after a night out (eau de fags and booze) or traffic fumes or something. Actually, I think this particular Impulse scent has a relatively sophisticated perfume to it. Yes, that is the essence of London – sophistication.

Well, it depends where you go! I love this scent actually.

The bottle describes the fragrance as a mixture of sandalwood, grapefruit and vanilla scents. I do not have a brilliant sense of smell but I can pick out the vanilla and I can tell there is a hint of fruitiness. I would not recognize what Sandalwood smells like but it is a beautiful perfume that tones down the fruitiness of the grapefruit, which if too fruity might make this product smell cheap. But it does not smell cheap. As with most Impulse sprays I ...

• have tried, the scent components are blended together so the general scent is of a good quality. Some Impulse fragrances are quite sweet, romantic and girly but I would say this has a more sophisticated scent to it than that and it is definitely quite a sexy smell I think. I really like how I smell when I am wearing this – all I need now is a bunch of flowers from a stranger (strange men are always attracted to me, but that is not quite what I mean).

I like the packaging too. Firstly for practical reasons I like it because there is no lid to take off (and then lose under the chest of drawers) – you simply press down on the top and the aerosol emits the spray. Appearance-wise, it is quite cute and kitzsch with

its pictures of Londonesque things like a red phone box (one of my neighbours has a red phone box in her front garden, but I digress), a Carnaby Street sign and an umbrella etc. The canister is a purple metallic colour and I think it is quite cute.

The spray comes out lightly and you can just go over your body with this in sweeping motions and it makes me feel great. As I say I do not have a great sense of smell and I cannot smell this much after a few hours but I just give myself a top-up spray later in the day. I am sure other people can smell it even if I cannot. I think it is pretty long-lasting considering it is just a body spray. I love this personally and would buy this one again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117071198440731/k2311a0717/7.17.10