Krispy Kreme’s Honey Glazed Donuts  » Food  »
  • That was pretty pricey considering that one piece will cost about $0.40 each, and here the Dunkin’ Donuts would cost only $0.10 each
  • However the whole Honey Glazed donut was a good tasting experience

• by dzzy21rn

It was a good thing that Krispy Kreme has opened shops in Manila. I have always heard people raving about it, people from the US bringing home Krispy Kreme donuts even in an 18 hour long flight. I was contented with the Dunkin’ Donuts already, but since this shop opened, I immediately wanted to know what the fuss was all about.

My husband and I looked through the donuts for sale. There are a lot, but people are really raving about the

taste of the Honey Glazed donuts. We bought half a dozen Honey Glazed donuts for about $2.50. That was pretty pricey considering that one piece will cost about $0.40 each, and here the Dunkin’ Donuts would cost only $0.10 each.

So what is really good about the Honey Glazed Donuts? When I opened up the box it was just a plain, light brown normal donut that has a clear sugar glaze on top. The smell was incredibly tempting though. It smelled ...

• of confectionery sugar and sweet donut dough.

I took a bite out of one donut. It was unbelievably soft. Each bite was really something else because the donut seemed to melt in my mouth. It was really soft. The Honey Glaze was like a sugar glaze that coated the whole donut itself. It was sweet. Actually, it was too sweet for my liking. However the whole Honey Glazed donut was a good tasting experience. I would eat each donut in pieces.

I cut one in 4 parts and I eat one part at a time. I can hardly finish a whole donut because it was too sweet.

I think this donut is a good buy. Kinda pricey already but this was the cheapest of them all. Surprisingly, people don’t really mind it as there is a queue all the time in Krispy Kreme branches. I would buy this again, but will soon mix the donut sweetness with dark blended coffee to neutralize the sweetness.

Jemacy Villeza says :

How much is the original honey glazed donut of Krispy Kreme and what do you think is the best coffee that will perfectly blend with the taste of this donut.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717071198180631/k2311a0717/7.17.10