Clash of the Titans Movie (2010)  » Movies  »
  • However, I noticed that the movie dwelled on being too dependent on Computer graphics animation
  • I enjoyed the story, but did not enjoy what I saw

• by dzzy21rn

I just saw Clash of the Titans. I just recently seen it and I was not able to see it in the theaters because my friends kept telling me that this was not worthy to see in the movies. So when the DVD came out, I saw it so I can find out what they were talking about.

This movie is a remake of the 1981 classic Clash of the Titans. I was able to see parts of it because it was my parents’ favorite Easter movie to watch. Even my siblings were able to see it. I hardly remember what it was about so I just proceeded to see the new version. This was based on

the story of the life of Perseus and how he was able to save a Greek city from destruction by the Greek gods.

This movie stars Sam Worthington as Perseus and Liam Neeson as his father, Zeus, the Greek god of Lightning. Perseus is a demi-god, half human and half god. He was the bastard son of Zeus and a human queen, and he was thrown to the sea to his death by his stepfather, after finding out that Zeus was able to make his way with his queen when he shape-shifted to the image of the king. Perseus did not know all of these until the latter parts of his life. In his youth, his step family ...

• who nurtured him and found him floating in the sea was killed by the gods, and so he developed anger to them. Eventually he was able to find out that he was a demi-god but refused to join Zeus in Olympus.

The god of the underworld, Hades, wanted to destroy mankind by letting out his Kraken to flood the world and set fear to the humans, and become ruler of the world instead of Zeus. Knowing this, Perseus was tasked to destroy the Kraken to save humans in his own way as a man, not as a god. On his way to do so, he was given help by Zeus and he was able to eventually find his

way to destroy the Kraken by severing the head of Medusa and using it as his weapon.

This was a very promising story indeed. However, I noticed that the movie dwelled on being too dependent on Computer graphics animation. It was too obvious, and it became sort of like a playstation game actually. Comparing it to the effects used in the epic movies like Lord of the Rings, the effects were too cartoonish and were not realistic. The actors did a great job portraying their roles though. This countered the seemingly fake effects that were used in this movie.

I enjoyed the story, but did not enjoy what I saw. This is not a highly recommended movie for me.

Clash of the Titans Movie (2010)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117071198110631/k2311a0717/7.17.10