Sea Hunt: Chained TV Show  » TV  »
  • Sometimes, I think this show just doesn't know its focus

• by Orrymain

From August 1959, the second season of this predominantly outdoor television series, Sea Hunt: Chained has expert deep sea diver Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) assisting in getting the goods on an alien smuggling ring. These bad guys would smuggle aliens over the waters, but if approached or if in danger, they’d drop a net over the aliens and toss them overboard to die. The police knew what they were doing

but could never catch them in the act.

Knowing this, Chief Inspector Tim Reid (played by Tom Brown who has been in numerous shows of this series as both good and bad guys) requests the assistance of Nelson by using one of their agents to infiltrate the system as an alien. Nelson’s job was to set up a way for the agent to survive. So for the next part of the ...

• show we do get to see a bit of underwater activity as Nelson tries to find a setup that would allow an undercover agent to survive being tossed into the ocean while encased in a net and locked in chains.

There is some excitement when the plan is put into place, but there is also a ton of slow moving scenes. As I’ve said before, I’m not fond of this theme, the

spying, espionage type of shows. I miss the underwater adventures that relate to turtles and abalone. I ended up becoming bored about halfway through. I just didn’t care. Now when the action part picked up, that drew me back in, but it’s just not enough.

Sometimes, I think this show just doesn’t know its focus. I guess they tried to be in two worlds, and it worked for four years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071197710631/k2311a0717/7.17.10