Highway Patrol: Wounded TV Show  » TV  »
  • Wounded, from season two of Highway Patrol, is actually an episode I enjoyed very much
  • In fact, it's one of the best episodes in my opinion, and it's certainly in the top ten for me
  • I do want to say that this is one of the times when I like Broderick Crawford as Chief Dan Mathews

• by Orrymain

Wounded, from season two of Highway Patrol, is actually an episode I enjoyed very much. In fact, it’s one of the best episodes in my opinion, and it’s certainly in the top ten for me. The reason for that is the premise of the show and also how the main character, Chief Dan Mathews, reacts to the premise.

In Wounded, a man named Monty

(Ed Nelson) goes to the home of a doctor and abducts him. He needs to get medical care for his wounded partner, Jackie. They drive to the outskirts of town and while stopped for the doctor to treat Jackie, they are spotted by a young boy whose simply out playing.

The young boy is named Tommy Evans and when he realizes what is going ...

• on, he goes to tell his mom, but she’s out shopping, so he calls the California Highway Patrol. I really liked watching this boy. He ends up striking out on his own and leaving a trail for Mathews. The ingenuity is great, and this young actor worked it well.

It just keeps on getting better, but I don’t want to spoil it for

anyone who hasn’t seen it. I do want to say that this is one of the times when I like Broderick Crawford as Chief Dan Mathews. He’s often somewhat of a fast talking loudmouth with little understanding, but he shows good restraint with the boy, and I liked it.

So, this episode is a winner for me. I’d love to see it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071197530531/k2311a0717/7.17.10