Sea Hunt: Underwater Park TV Show  » TV  »
  • I really enjoyed the opening segment of Underwater Park because of the underwater footage
  • Now that was new, something I hadn't seen before, so I found it interesting
  • I bought into it, and it explains the murders successfully

• by Orrymain

Underwater Park was an episode presented towards the end of Sea Hunt’s second season in 1959.

I really enjoyed the opening segment of Underwater Park because of the underwater footage. We have our show hero, Mike Nelson, ace deep sea diver, taking pictures as he comes in, through, and around a lot of fish. It’s just fun. He finds a bunch of abalone, too. The

plot device is that a company is trying to decide where to build a state park, and that’s why Nelson is taking pictures and investigating the area.

In the process of the story, two men are killed and as often happens in this series, Nelson becomes a target himself. Naturally, he has to get to the bottom of the murders in the process of doing his job.

There’s an ...

• exciting shot when the bad guys are going after Nelson. She actually do it above water, in their boat, by dropping a net of grabbling hooks. Now that was new, something I hadn’t seen before, so I found it interesting.

In Underwater Park, I felt the villains were smarter than what we often see. They weren’t running around like idiots and making dumb moves. These

guys were cool and made good moves. It made the danger more believable and intense.

In addition, the resolution was good. I bought into it, and it explains the murders successfully.

As always, Lloyd Bridges does so well as Mike Nelson. He’s never been a favorite actor, but I can understand why he was cast in this adventure program. He has that outdoors look and demeanor. It works.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071197360531/k2311a0717/7.17.10