Highway Patrol: Convict’s Wife TV Show  » TV  »
  • She wants to believe the best about him, but she's essentially going her own way
  • Anne Carroll played the wife, Betty Brandon, but I wasn't really impressed

• by Orrymain

From season two, Highway Patrol: Convict’s Wife revolves around a man who escapes from capture and heads for his wife, from whom he’s separated. She wants to believe the best about him, but she’s essentially going her own way.

Anne Carroll played the wife, Betty Brandon, but I wasn’t really impressed. She looked a little plastic to me, and her character was a

tad wishy washy. She seemed to say one thing but act in another way. I just had trouble buying it.

I can’t say much about any of the guest stars, who all seemed just average to me. The only one I liked was the recurring character of Sergeant Walters, as played by Stuart Whitman, who’s a pretty good performer. His character ...

• isn’t quite as fun as the one played by William Boyett, but I still like to watch him.

Convict’s Wife does have some fun banter within its thirty minutes, which is ultimately very rare. The show just is normally way serious, but there’s a couple of lighthearted bits between California Highway Patrol Chief Dan Mathews and Sergeant Walters when they are en route to

their location. I loved it, and it made me wish for more scenes like this.

Overall, the show was just average to me. The plot wasn’t anything new, not even in its day. We’ve seen it, and with status quo acting, there just isn’t much there to enjoy, except for the above mentioned banter, which was great but could hardly carry the entire half hour.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071197350531/k2311a0717/7.17.10