So You Think You Can Dance - Top Seven Perform TV Show  » TV  »
  • Jose, for example, failed in his first routine but bounced back wonderfully in his second

• by Orrymain

This was the Top Seven Perform episode of So You Think You Can Dance. Following are the highlights, and low lights, from my point of view:

–Another injury, this time it’s Ashley. Last week we lost Alex, so it would be horrible to see another dancer go home because of injury. We’ll find out on the results show.

–Cat Deeley is the host of the this show, and I like her, but sometimes she gets a little cutesy, and I felt that way about her tonight.

–Tahitian dance, the first ever on this show, was

performed in this hour by Lauren, who I like quite a bit. The concept of this dance was that she was day and her partner was night. They come together at the end to create the first day. I love this idea. I did feel that Lauren was overshadowed a bit by her professional partner, and there was too much of her with her back to the stage. That’s not her fault; it’s that of the choreographer. As a whole, though, it was nice to see this routine.

–The ‘wow’ ...

• routine was an emotional routine choreographed by Travis Wall. I’ve had a lot of routines I’ve liked. This is the first one that moved me to tears. It was danced by Robert and Alison, the professional. This piece is a must watch for anyone who has ever had an ailing mother that they’ve had to support through a trying illness. It’s incredible. Bravo! In fact, the audience was standing, clapping, and turning around to face the choreographer in appreciation of the piece.

–My favorite Kent wore me out with

his first routine, which was done with all star Neal. They did a Broadway piece to music from Damn Yankees. It was so energetic; those guys were on the move. I enjoyed it.

Not all the numbers were hits with me. Some of the other routines felt a little forced or mechanical at times. Still, they all seemed to have their moments. Jose, for example, failed in his first routine but bounced back wonderfully in his second.

Overall, I liked this show and I’m enjoying this season quite a lot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071197340531/k2311a0717/7.17.10