Highway Patrol: Stolen Plane Copter TV Show  » TV  »

• by Orrymain

I’ve said it before, and I may just say it again, but it amazes me how many shows of Highway Patrol revolve around the helicopter. The actual ‘copter’ word is used in numerous titles throughout the series’ run. I suppose in the late 50’s when this show aired, the helicopter was ultra exciting. Actually, they still are, but we see them everyday with traffic

reports now, so upon reflection, that’s the big difference and what makes copters such a big deal back in the day. So, the result is that we have this show — Highway Patrol: Stolen Plane Copter — to review.

What happens in this show is that a couple of felons manage to steal an airplane. Okay, that’s odd, but that’s the story, and it’s what they ...

• do in order to escape from prison. This means that Broderick Crawford’s Chief Dan Mathews and his California Highway Patrol have to track them down.

Eventually, they end up using the helicopter to track the guys. This show actually takes us closer to the operation of the copter within the Patrol by taking us to the CAP (California Air Patrol) headquarters and showing us how they

run their part of the show. I thought that was awesome. It’s what fascinates me.

Roy Bourgeois plays the pilot, aptly named Roy. He doesn’t usually have dialog, but he’s usually the one flying the captor. I love to watch him.

The show itself is average, and I’m not sure I really buy the resolution, but seeing the operations of CAP was worth the watch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071197330531/k2311a0717/7.17.10