Sea Hunt: Underwater Ejection TV Show  » TV  »
  • The man has some interesting jobs, that's for sure
  • I love these little glimpses of equipment
  • Now the part of this story I don't like had to do with a poor, choiceless mouse being put into one of the capsules that ends up on the ocean floor
  • I don't like animals being used as guinea pigs, so to speak

• by Orrymain

The 28th episode of Sea Hunt’s second season was called Underwater Ejection and focused on deep sea diver Mike Nelson, portrayed by Lloyd Bridges, hunting down nose cones from space craft. The man has some interesting jobs, that’s for sure.

Mike Nelson opens the show with an injury, which is unusual. It comes from a nose cone hitting him underwater and hurting his leg. It’s just

a temporary thing, though, and doesn’t really figure into the story. I actually thought they’d toss in some suspense with this injury, but there was none. It was in the teaser and then after the opening theme, we’re back on land and all’s well.

The midget submarine returns in this episode, which is cool. We also see an improvised underwater sled. I love these little ...

• glimpses of equipment.

Now the part of this story I don’t like had to do with a poor, choiceless mouse being put into one of the capsules that ends up on the ocean floor. I don’t like animals being used as guinea pigs, so to speak. It was cute to hear Nelson promise the mouse he’d get him up okay. This escalates to include a monkey.

Fortunately, there’s no drama here.

I did like seeing John Zaremba guest star as Dr. Bartock in Underwater Ejection. Bartock was the one who was conducting the ocean experiments. Zaremba has played a variety of roles on Sea Hunt, and he manages to make them all interesting and watchable.

Overall, it is a decent half hour of viewing, if you can get beyond the poor mouse.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071197300531/k2311a0717/7.17.10