The Virginian: Girl on the Glass Mountain TV Show  » TV  »
  • The part of the show that I actually liked the best was towards the end when the spoiled wife's father had a heart to heart with her
  • I think that's what I liked about her -- she was likable

• by Orrymain

From season 5 in 1966, The Virginian: Girl on the Glass Mountain was a fairly entertaining episode. I haven’t liked very many of the fifth season shows, but this one does okay. It revolves around a young woman who gets married and wants everything to be just so, and her new husband works hard to make sure she has everything she needs and wants.

It’s actually a little weird

to watch the husband because it’s hard to read for a while if his behavior is his own choice or just a facade. For a while, I really wasn’t sure what the man’s true character was.

The part of the show that I actually liked the best was towards the end when the spoiled wife’s father had a heart to heart with her. It wasn’t at all what I ...

• was expecting, and it made me smile. Hugh Beaumont played the father, and just like on Leave it to Beaver, he fit the bill perfectly.

Pamela Austin portrayed the bride, Donna. I liked her throughout. She wasn’t nasty spoiled, someone who was a snob or fake. It’s just she expected to have whatever she wanted. I think that’s what I liked about her — she was

likable. It made the resolution that much more powerful, in fact.

Tom Tryon appeared as Howie Sheppard, the husband. As I said, he was a little more difficult to watch because he was a confusing character. It was just so hard to know what he was truly feeling. Tryon did a nice job with that complexity, even if it was frustrating.

So, all in all, I liked this episode.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071197210531/k2311a0717/7.17.10