Movie: Shawshank Redemption  » Movies  »
2.5
  • The only thing I don't think I liked about the movie is it really doesn't have that much of a plot to it and, at times, tends to drag on
  • However, I do think this film was definitely worth watching
  • If you have a spare 2 hours and are looking for a good movie, I would recommend this one

• by Review Vigilante

My wife and I intended on watching Last House on the Left last night. But, the kids were still awake and we knew we would like the movie better if we had peace and quiet.

So, instead, we ended up watching the Stephen King movie Shawshank Redemption.

This was the first time my wife had seen the movie and my second (though I

didn’t remember much about it).

And, overall, I do feel this is a pretty good film and have no regrets watching it for a second time.

Basically, the movie is about a bunch of prison inmates during the 1940s.

And, you get a good movie both because of their different personalities and a pretty realistic look at prison life in general.

For example,

• the main character doesn’t just get raped and beaten while in prison; he gets raped and beaten several times over his first couple of years there.

There are way too many movies out there that wouldn’t spend any time mentioning that part of prison.

The only thing I don’t think I liked about the movie is it really doesn’t have that much of

a plot to it and, at times, tends to drag on.

It probably would have been better if it was about a group of prisoners attempting to escape or something; just so there was a goal to work toward.

However, I do think this film was definitely worth watching.

If you have a spare 2 hours and are looking for a good movie, I would recommend this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117071196970431/k2311a0717/7.17.10