Futurama TV Episode: Fry and the Slurm Factory
  • The revelation that the Slurm is really something that comes out of the queen slug on the planet is really gross in my opinion
  • But, at the same time, it is actually kind of funny how they know where Slurm comes from and still have no problem drinking it
  • I would definitely recommend watching it if you get a chance to

• by Review Vigilante

My daughter and I took the time to watch a Futurama episode Tuesday night and ended up watching the Season 1 episode Fry and the Slurm Factory. I had seen this one before (a long time ago) and this was the first time my daughter had watched it.

Both of us loved it and I even saw a few scenes that were very memorable to

me.

Basically, Fry wins a contest (fair and square, despite a very funny failed effort at cheating) to visit the factory that makes his favorite drink; Slurm.

When they get there, they are treated to something that is a combination of Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory and a Budweiser factory (because of the Spuds MacKenzie spoof).

Of course, you can tell from the beginning this is ...

• obviously a fake front and there is something going on that doesn’t fit.

The oompa Lompas (or whatever they are called in this episode) are armed and guarding various doors, for example.

And the Willy Wonka guy doesn’t seem to want to say anything about how the product is made.

on the planet is really gross in my opinion.

But, at the same time, it is actually kind of funny how they know where Slurm comes from and still have no problem drinking it.

Overall, this is one of the better Futurama episodes out there.

I would definitely recommend watching it if you get a chance to.

I just wouldn’t suggest watching it while you are trying to eat something.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071196960431/k2311a0717/7.17.10