Movie: The Wolfman  » Movies  »
2.0
  • The biggest problem with this film is it is very predictable

• by Review Vigilante

I wanted to see the remake of the film The Wolfman when it came out at the theater. But, as is often the case lately, I didn’t have the money and had to wait for it on DVD.

In hindsight, I’m glad I didn’t fork out the money.

This movie was made nearly 7 decades after the original and had every possible advantage when it came to

a selection of actors and fantastic special effects.

But, while there were some things in this movie that did keep me from falling asleep totally, it really did seem to lack the magic the Lon Chaney Jr.

version had in 1941.

The biggest problem with this film is it is very predictable.

From the start, we knew Anthony Hopkins had to be the second werewolf.

And, before ...

• we were even halfway through the movie, I knew the two Talbots would end up having a werewolf fight to the death and Lawrence would end up dying at some point; either as the result of his wounds from fighting his father or being killed by his love.

There was no effort to lead us into a different path either; such as maybe suggesting the girl is

the other werewolf.

Oh, and I’m sorry, but those werewolf costumes were some of the fakest I have ever seen.

And what was up with the whole razor sharp claws thing?

I have seen the original dozens of times and have not gotten tired of it.

I barely made it through this movie once and have no interest in watching it ever again.

Hollywood really dropped the ball this time around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117071196940431/k2311a0717/7.17.10