Movie: G-Force  » Movies  »
2.5
  • In fact, I don't think the main characters had any more personality to them than Alvin and the Chipmunks did
  • But, compared to what I thought this movie would be based on the previews, I honestly was disappointed with it

• by Review Vigilante

Well, I finally got around to watching the movie G-Force with my oldest daughter last night; as I have been promising her I would do for some time now. You know what, the movie really wasn’t worth the wait.

I will say the film did have some cute and funny moments.

After all, it did star a group of special agent guinea pigs.

But, with the

exception of some surprisingly good special effects and a few entertaining action scenes, there really wasn’t much that set this apart from dozens of other movies that are out there.

In fact, I don’t think the main characters had any more personality to them than Alvin and the Chipmunks did.

The part in the pet shop (which has the entire team being sold as pets and ...

• they are trying to escape) is long and drawn out to the point I was ready to turn the movie off because I figured they would never get around to doing anything exciting.

And, it didn’t take a genius to figure out the bad guy would end up being the mole.

After all, the film follows the same tired old cliché, a team member is supposedly

dead so, naturally, he is the bad guy.

Like I mentioned before, the special effects are kind of cool and there are a couple scenes that made the movie somewhat worth watching.

But, compared to what I thought this movie would be based on the previews, I honestly was disappointed with it.

At best, it is a movie for little kids.

It is not a film everyone in the family will enjoy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117071196910431/k2311a0717/7.17.10