Futurama TV Episode: When Aliens Attack
  • I decided to take off from work a bit early today so I could work in the garden
  • But, I think I would have liked to have seen more time dedicated to reproducing the episode with a few twists and turns (since they were forced to improvise) rather than have the bulk of the episode be about the attempt to fight the aliens
  • Overall though, it was definitely entertaining and a great way to spend a half hour before going out to do some backbreaking labor
  • If you get an opportunity to watch the episode, I would recommend it

• by Review Vigilante

I decided to take off from work a bit early today so I could work in the garden. Realizing I was hungry, I sat down for a bite to eat before going outside and watched a Futurama episode; When Aliens Attack.

This one was actually kind of a clever episode because it gave a subtle social commentary about taking TV watching a bit

too seriously (and not being able to tell the difference between fiction and real life).

Basically, the episode starts out with Fry causing a television program to go off the air (by spilling beer in a TV station while delivering pizzas) in 1999 and, 1000 years later, an alien race (from 1,000 light years away)decides to show up and attack the planet because ...

• they want to know how the series ended.

This leads to Earth trying to defend itself (with terrible results) and, ultimately, Fry, Leela and the gang find themselves trying to reproduce the final episode of the show so the aliens will go away.

The episode definitely had its moments.

But, I think I would have liked to have seen more time dedicated to

reproducing the episode with a few twists and turns (since they were forced to improvise) rather than have the bulk of the episode be about the attempt to fight the aliens.

Overall though, it was definitely entertaining and a great way to spend a half hour before going out to do some backbreaking labor.

If you get an opportunity to watch the episode, I would recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017071196820431/k2311a0717/7.17.10