Valutime Imitation Shredded Cheese  » Food  »
1.0
  • Unfortunately for me, I only had a little bit of money with me at the time and the only brand in my price range was Valutime Imitation Shredded Cheese
  • But, overall, you could definitely tell it wasn’t made from real cheese
  • When we attempted to melt it, you could also tell the difference because the melted cheese had this gross layer of oil over it (I think there was more oil than anything that still looked like cheese) that, quite honestly, was not the most appetizing thing I have ever seen
  • If you come across this product at your local store, I would recommend not buying it

• by Review Vigilante

I was in the need for shredded cheese last night because we were having chili and my wife likes having that in the chili (I could always take it or leave it). Unfortunately for me, I only had a little bit of money with me at the time and the only brand in my price range was Valutime Imitation Shredded Cheese.

The cheese did

prove to be slightly better than I expected it to be.

But, overall, you could definitely tell it wasn’t made from real cheese.

When you bit into a piece of it (or several pieces depending on how you eat your shredded cheese), it was pretty obvious it was made from oil rather than milk.

This taste was even noticeable when it was mixed in ...

• with something else rather than just being eaten plain.

When we attempted to melt it, you could also tell the difference because the melted cheese had this gross layer of oil over it (I think there was more oil than anything that still looked like cheese) that, quite honestly, was not the most appetizing thing I have ever seen.

I’m surprised my wife didn’t

just throw out the bowl of chili she had put it over (which would have really been wasteful considering the effort I put into making it).

If you come across this product at your local store, I would recommend not buying it.

If I had to do it over again, I would have gone without any sort of shredded cheese before I would have spent my money on this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717071196780431/k2311a0717/7.17.10