L’oreal Elvive Total Repair 5 Restoring Night Elixir, Leave-In  » Cosmetics  »
  • As Dove keeps upgrading and comes up with new formula all the time for their existing series, I thought of taking a break from my Garnier Color Shield Conditioner and try the Dove Daily Shine Therapy Conditioner which never worked for me but since they had being changing the formula I thought of giving it a shot
  • I loved the trial test and wanted to buy it to experience it better
  • I paid a high price of S$16.90 for it at the drugstore
  • I highly recommend this wonderful product to anyone with damaged hair

• by true_value

My hair was a bit out of condition because I had recently changed my conditioner. I normally use Dove Daily Shine Therapy Shampoo which is my Holy Grail shampoo and it is the only thing that I find suitable to wash my oily and sensitive scalp.

As Dove keeps upgrading and comes up with new formula all the time for their existing series, I thought of taking a break from my Garnier Color Shield Conditioner and try the Dove Daily Shine Therapy Conditioner which never worked for me but since they had being changing the formula I thought of giving it a shot.

That was a bad decision because the conditioner is still the same as before considering how bad and damaged my hair was after using it. My broken hair was everywhere and whenever I cleaned the floor I used to see so much of hair and same was the case with the bathroom floor. I

was really very worried with the state of my hair it looked extremely lifeless and dry.

I went to the store to try and find a treatment to make my hair less brittle and back to normal. There, I came across this new product from L’oreal called the L’oreal Elvive Total Repair 5 Restoring Night Elixir Leave-In. I have never been a fan of L’oreal products and don’t really go for them. I don’t like their cosmetics and skin care products as I have had quite a few bad experiences with them.

I was attracted to this particular product because of its fresh attractive look in white, gold and maroon. They had the full series of Shampoos, Conditioners, hair mask, leave –in conditioners and this one was meant to be used overnight. I have never used an overnight hair conditioner and when I saw that they had a tester available I immediately wanted to try it.

The L’oreal Elvive Total ...

• Repair 5 Restoring Night Elixir Leave-In comes in a cylindrical plastic bottle with a pump dispenser and a cap over it. I pumped a small amount of the product and applied it all over my dry hair. The treatment was thick in texture, translucent white in color and had a nice fragrance and went on smoothly on my hair. It felt wet at first but dried quickly and as I was walking around browsing other products I kept feeling my hair to see how it felt. I was really amazed that there was absolutely no stickiness as I had expected instead my hair felt so silky soft and smooth to the touch.

Most of all, the product was extremely light weight and gave my hair some bounce. I loved the trial test and wanted to buy it to experience it better. I paid a high price of S$16.90 for it at the drugstore.

As for the product

claims on the label it L’oreal claims to restore damaged hair by reconstituting and restructuring the hair at the cellular level and that its restoring formula with Pro-Keratin and Ceramide fights against Damage, Thinning, Split-Ends, Brittleness and Dullness resulting in 5 Repairing Actions – Restored Fibre, Stronger Hair, Vitality, Silky Touch and Healthy-Looking Shine.

That night I applied the product evenly all over my hair and let it dry fully (which took a few minutes) and went to bed. The next morning I did see and feel the improvement. My hair felt so soft and well conditioned. It was more so after I washed my hair it felt so good that I used it even for day time.

I just loved how soft and silky my hair felt without the heavy weighed down feeling like most other leave-in formulas and it gave my hair a subtle sheen that gives a healthy look.

I highly recommend this wonderful product to anyone with damaged hair.

Erin Wiggins says :

I too love this product. I have been colouring my hair for 15 yrs. It is really thick, long and straight. In the last year I have put it through hell by stripping the black out to go lighter. It`s a process that sucks but has to be done to lighten black to any significant degree. A couple months ago I made a really stupid decision to put a darker brown than I had been using on cuz I thought it was getting too light. it was a medium carmel brown with blonde highlights, which looked awesome Well this brown went a flat black and needless to say I almost cried. My husband tried to be supportive but I wanted the truth not support. So off to the drugstore I go and bleach out the black for a second time in a year. Not something I recommend to people. After much praying to god to just not burn it off, or give me a full out chemical haircut, and that I could fix any other problem, just say I have hair left I applied, left it on for 20 mins and rinsed. Then re-coloured the carmel brown. So end result was, I have long hair still and it`s the colour I will be from now on, but dry, brittle and weak. Found this new product by L`oreal and was very eager to try it. I`ve always loved L`oreal products in the past. For me and my hair, even before I start colouring, my hair was always thick, straight and always on the dry almost frizzy side. L`oreal`s products are thick and penetrating and work without second guessing. After one treatment my hair feels better and looks healthier. I think I may use it during the day sometimes too. Canadian winters wreak havoc on my hair Thank you for this wonderful new line for damaged hair I`m a customer for life

true_value replies :

Hi, yes they are great products

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117071196530431/k2311a0717/7.17.10