Selsun Blue Medicated Shampoo
  • I’ve always had this problem and it can be really frustrating to deal with
  • I know that most dandruff shampoos smell this way, but this one took the cake
  • When it was time to wash my hair I was really impressed with the thickness of the shampoo

• by adrean_j

I am always trying to find a shampoo to fight my dry and flaky scalp. I’ve always had this problem and it can be really frustrating to deal with. I’ve gotten to the point that I will do anything to get rid of the problem. A friend of mine recommended the Selsun Blue medicated. I wanted to try something different and decided to go ahead and purchase a bottle. When I opened the container I could immediately tell that there was some sort of strong medication in it. There was an overwhelming smell of menthol as soon as I popped the cap. I know that most dandruff shampoos smell this way, but this one took the cake. I wasn’t really bothered by the smell because I was hoping it

meant it was a more potent shampoo.

When it was time to wash my hair I was really impressed with the thickness of the shampoo. As it came out of the bottle I actually had to squeeze. I know that most shampoos just pour right out. The fact that the Selsun blue didn’t let me know that it was going to do something to help. The shampoo was dark blue and had a color that I’d never experienced from a shampoo before. I started to work it into my hair and was impressed by how thick the lather got. I have really thick hair and usually have to use a few palms full of shampoo to get my head saturated. With this Selsun Blue I only needed to fill ...

• my palm one time. As I massaged it into my scalp and hair, I could feel a very refreshing feeling. I could feel a little tingle and it let me know that the shampoo was working into my scalp. After I was done my hair did feel dry. So the thing about this shampoo is that it needs to be followed by a really good conditioner.

As I combed through my hair, I could see that my scalp was cleared up. I liked the fact that as I combed through my hair I could see any remaining flakes out. This shampoo is fairly decent and will work wonders for people that have a scalp condition as I do. I didn’t like that I needed to wash my hair often to

keep the flakes form coming back. Washing my hair daily strips the natural oils and leaves my scalp even more dry so I wash it every few days. I wish this Selsun blue medicated shampoo could last a bit longer and really work at treating the root of the problem. Yes, I may be enjoying my clear head for that day, but it still gets annoying knowing that this will not last. The bottle lasted me for about a month, because it was so thick and I didn’t need much. That is a good amount of time for me, because I usually have to buy a bottle of shampoo for every few weeks. This shampoo isn’t my first choice, but I do like it and will use it if necessary.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417071196520431/k2311a0717/7.17.10