Duraband Am Fm Clock Radio  » Electronics  »
  • I thought it could be a pretty cool item, because I had a radio and clock all at once
  • It is silver with a black bottom and I like the whole feel of the clock radio

• by adrean_j

I am not the queen of listening to the radio or anything, but I do like to listen to it time to time. I was also in need of a new alarm clock, because I was going to be working mornings. I was hoping for a very reliable alarm clock, because I was not used to mornings at all and it is really hard for me to wake up. I found the Duraband am fm clock radio. I thought it could be a pretty cool item, because I had a radio and clock all at once. I liked the shape of the clock radio, because it wasn’t the basic rectangle or

square clock. The clock was somewhat rounded and had a unique, but stylish look to it. It is silver with a black bottom and I like the whole feel of the clock radio.

As soon as I plugged it in, I knew it wasn’t going to be of any use when it comes to using the radio. The radio did come on, but it was very difficult to actually get reception. I’m assuming the built in antenna didn’t work to well with picking up stations. I could get the stations, but if I walked away from the clock radio, it would fizz up and start losing the signal. I tried using it in many different rooms and locations, and it has always done the same thing. So the radio feature is really only good if you plan on listening while lying in your bed right next to the clock. When playing the radio the clock doesn’t get too loud, but you can hear it in another room, so it’s loud enough for a radio of its size.

Using the alarm feature is very easy. All I have to do is set it by pushing a series of buttons. It’s just as easy as setting any other clock and I didn’t have to read the instructions, not even the first time I used it.

• Duraband Am Fm Clock Radio
      The am/pm can be kind of tricky, because a little dot is all that determines whether you have it on am or pm. It is crucial to pay attention to this at all times, because I have overslept due to having it on pm instead of am. It can be easy to look over, but I got used to it after a few weeks. The alarm goes off very loud and clear. There is no way you can miss it. I like how loud it gets, and I only have to turn it up midway in order to hear it. The snooze button is bigger than the others of course, but
      much smaller than other snoozes on other clocks. I can press it, but when I’m tired or half asleep it takes effort to find the button because of it’s size.

This Duraband am fm clock radio is very sturdy and has lasted me for a while with no problems at all. I have moved around with it. It has been banged up quite a bit, and still works with no problems. I expected it to act funny when I dropped it on the concrete moving to my new apartment. Well I am happy to say that all that happened was a little scratch. This clock radio is one that can easily be used for years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1617071196490331/k2311a0717/7.17.10