Mr. Clean Magic Eraser  » Housewares  »
  • The first time I decided to use the magic eraser was for something quite unusual
  • It was obvious she had enemies, but now it was my problem
  • I noticed that they seem to crumble even easier if used wet, so it’s best to try to keep the eraser as dry as possible or slightly damp

• by adrean_j

For the longest time, I felt I had absolutely no need for a Mr. Clean magic eraser. I’d never really used them for household cleaning and was pretty happy with the same cleaners I’ve been using for years. The first time I decided to use the magic eraser was for something quite unusual. I looked it up online and it said that it was good to remove spray paint from vehicles. A friend of mine had borrowed my vehicle and when she brought it back, there was an extremely embarrassing quote spray painted on the side. It was obvious she had enemies, but now it was my problem. I got the magic eraser and thought that it couldn’t possibly work. It was small and white.

It was no bigger than the size of my hand. It was kind of stiff and foamy which separates it from regular sponges. I started to scrub against the embarrassing spray paint and it worked absolute wonders. The whole left side of my vehicle was covered in spray paint and it only took two of the little magic erasers to get the whole side clear.

I didn’t expect it to work that well, and I was extremely happy when it did. I couldn’t imagine suffering that embarrassment long term. The only thing about this magic eraser is that you do have to use quite a bit of elbow grease. I wish I could say it just comes off with a wipe, but it takes actual scrubbing.

• However, this is still a great product because it still works just great. I decided to try to use this magic eraser in other instances, because I still had a few left from my purchase. I used it to see if I was able to get some soap scum off of my shower tiles. I can say these little magic erasers should not be underestimated. I was able to make my shower tile shiny and give it a little sparkle. I love these erasers. I also used them to remove scuff marks from shoes. A lot of people didn’t believe me when I told them about it, until they tried it for themselves.

I can never keep the Mr. Clean magic eraser a secret. It was

too much of a good find. The only thing I don’t like is how they crumble after vigorous use. If you have really thick paint or scum to scrub, it could really tear down the eraser. It really starts to crumble like an actual pencil eraser. Since there not very expensive, it doesn’t really hurt to buy a few extra ones for a difficult job. I noticed that they seem to crumble even easier if used wet, so it’s best to try to keep the eraser as dry as possible or slightly damp. Try not to soak it with chemicals or cleaners. Really you don’t even need any type of cleaners for stains to be removed. The magic eraser takes care of all that on its own.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317071196470331/k2311a0717/7.17.10