Redbox DVD Rental Box
  • I know many people are afraid to try the DVD rental box called Redbox
  • One more good thing that I enjoy about the Redbox is the fact that I can reserve a movie online in advance and I can see what is out in advance
  • Sometimes the selection does get kind of boring, but when this happens I just use a different Redbox location
  • The Redbox is a convenient and easy way to rent DVD’s

• by adrean_j

I know many people are afraid to try the DVD rental box called Redbox. I was kind of skeptical myself at swiping my card in an open box at a store. I know it may seem unsafe and unsecured, but I know for a fact that it is. My husband convinced me to try the Redbox because he was tired of the ridiculous prices at blockbuster. We didn’t want to pay 4 dollars for a new release for one night. We decided that one dollar for one night of a new release was a much better idea. The first time I went to rent movies there was a limit. I was only able to rent 2 DVD’s until they become comfortable with you as a customer. This is certainly understandable. I mean,

I wouldn’t let someone rent 20 DVD’s on a bad debit or credit card. After going back a few times, I was able to rent I know at least 4 DVD’s with no problems. I’ve never tried to rent more than that, so I wouldn’t know the exact limit.

The machine is self explanatory and very easy to use. When you walk up to the screen all of the writing is in large letters with red background. This way you can never say you were confused about what was going on. I can simple press rent a DVD and pick the ones I want to see. I then swipe my card and get authorization. After the payment is processed I can simply take my DVDs and return them the next day. Returning ...

• the DVD’s are just as easy. They must be returned before 9 the next evening, so sometimes it can be a two day rental depending on what time you did the initial rental. Another good thing about the Redbox is that you can return the movie to any location. So if I’m on one side of town and rent, I don’t have to worry about going back to that side of town. I can just return the movie right next to my house. One more good thing that I enjoy about the Redbox is the fact that I can reserve a movie online in advance and I can see what is out in advance. This way I don’t have to make miscellaneous trips for no reason.

The thing I don’t like

about the Redbox DVD rental box is the fact that they do not have the widest selection. It is not good if you are in the mood for a classic movie. They usually have the most popular movies that are out at the time. They get new movies every week so I don’t have to ever worry about not finding something to watch. Sometimes the selection does get kind of boring, but when this happens I just use a different Redbox location. All in all the Redbox is a great way to rent DVD’s. They also have an option to purchase a used DVD for 5 dollars. I’ve never had problems with a DVD not working properly and I’ve never had any payment discrepancies. The Redbox is a convenient and easy way to rent DVD’s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5917071196370331/k2311a0717/7.17.10