Kay Jewelers in Madison, WI  » Jewelry  »
2.0
65 W Towne Mall, Madison, WI
  • I was buying an engagement ring and had asked some of my co-workers where was the best place to shop
  • Personally, I already had a thing against Kay's about the constant, nonstop campaign about every Kiss begins with Kay, but I, usually liking to following other people's advice, went to the nearest Kay's and was a little disappointed with the service
  • In addition, after returning to work, I found out that I went to the wrong Kay's, there are like three in Madison

• by Forest Gump

I went to Kay Jewelers in West Towne Mall in West Madison, WI. I was buying an engagement ring and had asked some of my co-workers where was the best place to shop. One person suggested Kay’s and said that they got their wedding ring from there.

Personally, I already had a thing against Kay’s about the constant, nonstop campaign about “every Kiss begins with Kay, but I, usually liking to following other people’s advice, went to the nearest Kay’s and was a little

disappointed with the service. I am completely ring blind.

If it shines and is visible to the human eye, it’s a ring. Honestly, fake gold, fake diamond, well, they look all the same to me.

So anyway, here I come to a mall, looking for a ring looking as lost as can be and when I ask the nearest store employee for some assistance. I realized that he could not have been any older than 19 and much more lost than I.

I asked ...

• if I could talk to a manager or someone higher up and the kid still looked like I was talking Russian. When I did find someone, (he was on his lunch break) he politely escorted be around and talked ring nonsense to me.

(something about karats and solid gold, yada yada yada) I said I was getting engaged and wanted a decently expensive ring, around $500-$800. However, no matter how many times I turned him down, he insisted that i should “really look into”

this more pricey ring.

However, when I finally got the ring and gave it to my fiancee, she was pleased with it, which is all that matters. (Though I personally couldn’t tell the difference between that one and a $5 plastic one.

) In addition, after returning to work, I found out that I went to the “wrong” Kay’s, there are like three in Madison. So, my advice, if shopping for jewelry and you don’t want to be frustrated, don’t go to Kay’s in the mall.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4516071195561231/k2311a0716/7.16.10