Urban Ammo Eye Palette
  • Now this is the second make up palette I'm purchasing, I had a good experience with my last palette, so I decided to try and go for another one
  • My palette came in the mail in about a week, and I was kind of disappointed when I saw it
  • I know some may not be a fan of all of the shimmer and glitter, if that's the case then do not purchase it

• by Kim

Now this is the second make up palette I’m purchasing, I had a good experience with my last palette, so I decided to try and go for another one. But this time I went for a different brand. And the brand I went for was Urban Decay. Mind you I am fairly new to make-up, I’m not a guru or anything (just yet) but I’m getting there. I’m trying to start off with minimum colors first then move on to the palettes with a range of different colors. So I purchased the Urban Ammo Eye Palette on eBay. It was crazy bidding for it because so many ladies wanted it, there would be a higher bid every time I went to go and check! I figured this palette must be something good if these

ladies keep bidding, that must mean they really want it! So luckily for me I bid the highest at $32.00, which was a little high, but I figured if all these ladies were bidding constantly for it it must be something good right? I never heard of the brand Urban Decay, so this would be my first time with it.

My palette came in the mail in about a week, and I was kind of disappointed when I saw it. It was really small, I mean it’s nice that the item itself is small so it can fit in your bag or whatever…but the powders in it were super small! It looked like this thing could last me only a month or two! Considering how much I paid for it. Well looking through the colors ...

• it had smog, mildew, oil slick, last call, chopper, maui wowie, shattered, polyester bride, grifter, and sin. A range of colors of browns/tans/bronzes/, white, pink, purple, blue, green, and black. I was disappointed in that too because there were too many browns/bronze/tan colors, it wasn’t much of a variety. Anyways, I use these for eye shadows, they look really nice though don’t get me wrong, it has shimmer in each color plate, and it’s easy to mix and match different colors. Blending is a breeze, I can easily blend the sin and the polyester bride to make a cute neutral look, or if I want something fierce oil slick and mildew. The possibilities are endless. I know some may not be a fan of all of the shimmer and glitter, if that’s the case
        then do not purchase it. You will hate it because it does have a lot of shimmer. This is good for going out to the beach, or a late night date. It can make looks of sweet and innocent, and sexy and mysterious too with this palette.

Even though most of the colors on this palette are neutral colors, you can make a variety of different looks with them. Although I did purchase this at a high price, I wish I would have looked elsewhere because I’m sure I could have bought it for cheap. Overall, I did like my experience with the Urban Ammo Eye Palette, it is fairly small, not sure how long it will last. But it leaves me with beautiful looks at the end of the day, and that’s all that matters!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116071195181231/k2311a0716/7.16.10