Bally Ankle/Wrist Weight Nylon Pair  » Health  »
  • I do not particularly enjoy instruction based exercising such as weight training, which seems to be on the more boring and mundane side for with the different sets and repetitions
  • What I do how ever do every day is spontaneous dancing to different songs I like to listen to at the moment
  • I notice that the dancing helps me burn calories but I am still never able to get the toned look that I want
  • While I was shopping one day in a discounted goods store, I noticed a Bally Ankle/Wrist Weight Nylon Pair on sale
  • I highly recommend them though, I could definitely feel and see my self becoming more toned in the arms

• by kirbystar7

I do not really have a schedule routine for exercising even though I should. I do not particularly enjoy instruction based exercising such as weight training, which seems to be on the more boring and mundane side for with the different sets and repetitions. Regardless, I want the toned lean look that comes with lifting light weights with out actually having to do so. What I do how ever do every day is spontaneous dancing to different songs I like to listen to at the moment.

I get to jump around, move in all kinds of different ways so that many of the muscles in my body get a stretch. I also get my heart rate up, which is good. I notice that the dancing helps me burn calories but I am still never able to get the toned look that I want.

While I was shopping one day in a discounted goods store, I noticed a Bally Ankle/Wrist Weight Nylon Pair on sale. My cousin who plays tennis tries to increase the strength in his arms with wrist

weights while he plays and he had recommended them to me once. They were only seven dollars for two wrist / ankle weights so I decided to buy them.

The wrist / ankle weights were only about five pounds each, so I was not too worried about getting the bulky muscle look versus the toned lean and long look I wanted. I assumed that once I put them around my wrists how ever, that they would stay put. I was wrong.

My wrists were too small and no matter how much I tried to tighten the wrist / ankle weights, they would slide up and down my fore arm. I will say that even thought the weights were five pounds each, they felt lighter because the weight was distributed all around my front arm, which I enjoyed. I was hoping I could combine a bit of strength training in to my daily dance exercise by wearing the wrist / ankle weights as I moved around.

I found using the wrist / ankle weights with the dancing to be pretty ...

• simple, and I could feel their presence. After a while of moving around I could feel my muscles starting to tighten up as I raised my arms over my head. My heart rate also went up much more quickly.

My work out improved! I sweated more than I would have with out the weights. The fact that the weights did not stay continued to be pestering though. Sliding up and down my fore arm in itself is not that big of a deal, but after a while, the nylon begin to irritate my skin.

The fabric combine with the sweat was very annoying and irritating. The irritation caused me to lean towards movements where I would avoid the sliding of the weights, which is not good because then I would be neglecting other muscles. After I was done exercising my arms, I decided to wear them around my ankles, where I did not have as much of a problem, The wrist / ankle weights did not slide around as my ankles were larger than my wrists, but I did

not feel as much as a work out in my legs as I did for my arms when I wore them on my wrists.

I decided that my work out could be greatly enhanced and the time spent working out greatly reduced if I bought another wrist / ankle weights pair so that I could work out my arms and my legs at the same time. I went out the store, bought another set, and now I use them with my every day spontaneous dancing!

At some point I decided that I might wear the weights around with me every day while I was around the house. I tried to do this for an hour or two and I quickly became tired of doing so.

I think that these wrist / ankle weights are a great addition to dance work out, but when I tried to use them just for moving around the house in hopes of burning extra calories, it was just bothersome. I highly recommend them though, I could definitely feel and see my self becoming more toned in the arms!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416071195101131/k2311a0716/7.16.10