Frontline Plus for dogs
  • The best part is that it last an entire month
  • The first thing I noticed was that ticks and fleas were still found on them, usually dead, which means that although it killed them it didn't repel them
  • Although Frontline Plus seemingly covers all sorts of bug bites and infestation, I don't think they cover Chiggars which is a big problem in these parts
  • Thankfully they don't burrow, but on one of my dogs I have noticed something just underneath his skin

• by Liberty

About ten months ago I adopted two puppies from my neighbor. At the time they were indoor only dogs and I had originally planned for them to be so. I let them outside to play for a bit but as they got older they started to become antsy inside and I had to let them out more often. When we moved into our new home on a two acre land in the middle of the no where the pups had the place to roam and explore freely without me having to worry about them getting hit by cars. Of course, as summer rolled around I had to worry about fleas and ticks. At first I

tried Hartz because it was something that was easily ready and found at Wal-Mart and it was also affordable. I soon realized that it was completely useless, a total waste of money. Flea and tick meds are expensive so I wanted to be sure what I was buying would actually work and wouldn’t harm my dogs in the process. So after much research I gave Frontline Plus a try. The following are my pros and cons for this pet medicine.

What I liked about Frontline Plus for dogs is that they came in different dosages based on your dogs size. There’s no need to worry about over dosage or not giving them enough. It’s also ...

• easy to use: All I had to do was place the application somewhere on their body they can’t reach and apply the whole thing in that one spot. It’s also waterproof which is great because it rains a lot here sometimes and the dogs really like to get wet.

So far my dogs haven’t had any problems with the medicines, and it’s getting the job done. They’re been flea and tick free since their first application. The best part is that it last an entire month.

There were some downside to Frontline Plus too though. The first thing I noticed was that ticks and fleas were still found on them, usually dead, which means that

although it killed them it didn’t repel them. Although Frontline Plus seemingly covers all sorts of bug bites and infestation, I don’t think they cover Chiggars which is a big problem in these parts. My poor dogs have to suffer. Thankfully they don’t burrow, but on one of my dogs I have noticed something just underneath his skin. He’s not sick but it does make me wonder what it is. Perhaps it’s just poison ivy rashes.

Overall though Frontline Plus is a really good brand for flea and tick control on your pets. It really does get the job done, maybe not quite as thorough as K9 Advantix but still very good and much more affordable.

Frontline Plus for dogs

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2916071195041131/k2311a0716/7.16.10