Into the Dark by Gena Showalter  » Books  »
  • I will say that's definitely worth buying because The Darkest Fire and The Darkest Prison were originally released as e-books
  • I haven't gotten on that train yet because I like paper books
  • The book retails for $7.99 but I believe Wal-Mart says them for about $5.85 or around that
  • I think I love Cameo's interview the best just because she really made William suffer
  • I'd recommend it, especially if you're just deciding to get in to the series

• by Liberty

Into the Dark is a compilation of three stories by Gena Showalter plus some extra tidbits about her Lords of the Underworld series, like interviews and descriptions of the Lords by William the immortal warrior and honorary Lord. Into the Dark contains one of Showalter’s Atlantis stories and two of her Lords of the Underworld mini stories about other characters that are outside of the Lords but the world still takes place around the Lords of the Underworld story.

I really only got it for The Darkest Prison and the interviews and extras about the Underworld series. The Darkest Fire I had already read and

loved, and thankful to have in my collection now. The Amazon’s Curse I wasn’t too interested in reading so I didn’t.

I will say that’s definitely worth buying because The Darkest Fire and The Darkest Prison were originally released as e-books. I haven’t gotten on that train yet because I like paper books. I like the feel of them. The book retails for $7.99 but I believe Wal-Mart says them for about $5.85 or around that.

The Darkest Fire is the prequel to the whole series and it made me cry. There was passion, great writing and story telling, but it was also heart breaking ...

• because of how it ended. If it hadn’t ended the way it did we wouldn’t have the series at all, so despite it’s sad ending it had to be that way.

The Darkest Prison was a hoot to read. Showalter brought two iconic figures from Greek mythology and threw them together. It was sweet, funny, heart warming and of course there was a happy ending.

My favorite part of Into the Dark was really William’s interview with the Lords, and their women’s take on everything. I think I love Cameo’s interview the best just because she really made William suffer. I absolutely adored it because it

really made the characters a little more real and gave them a more define personality, especially for those characters who haven’t had much say so far.

I also liked Stefano’s journal of the Lords where it details them physically and other tidbits about them that could be useful for the Hunters. It really helps me visualize each of the Lords, however, I was a little disappointed to find out that Maddox wasn’t as tall as I had thought.

Overall though, it was worth the money. I’d recommend it, especially if you’re just deciding to get in to the series. There’s a Lord for every woman’s taste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1716071195031131/k2311a0716/7.16.10