Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening & Defining Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • Maybelline have produced different variations on their ‘Define-a-Lash’ range of mascaras, but I have the lengthening one (I think you can get a voluminising one in the range too)
  • I noticed this in particular because I once accidentally created an extra long lash (that was about a third longer than my other lashes
  • I bought this from Boots for £7.99 which is reasonable enough as it does what it claims to do really well and I am very pleased with it

• by jeanne71

Maybelline have produced different variations on their ‘Define-a-Lash’ range of mascaras, but I have the lengthening one (I think you can get a voluminising one in the range too). I do not tend to wear voluminising mascaras in the day time but I need one with good definition in particular, one that is going to catch every lash. This mascara is perfect for my needs and I am really happy with it. According to the blurb on the label, the ‘ergonomic brush and built-in clump remover’ should give me the look I want.

The mascara is quite eye catching in a lime green coloured, slim metallic tube. I think this slim green one is specifically the lengthening mascara I have and I think the voluminising one is a fatter tube. The brush on the wand is very peculiar

as it is very flexible and easily bends when you apply pressure to it. The applicator is black and covered in tiny green plastic bristles which looks funny but these little bristles catch just the right amount of mascara product so there are no lumps on it when you come to apply.

That odd brush does actually do the job of catching all my lashes really well. I find it difficult to catch the lashes in the outer corners of my eyes especially as they seem to grow in different directions but I can manage it effortlessly with this brush and it is really easy to use. I just apply a light coat at first and built it up a bit and I can catch all my lashes easily, so it works very well in that respect. There is ...

• no clumping and my lashes are brilliantly defined.

As for the lengthening aspect, it really does work. The mascara is consistuted so that as you apply it to your lashes, the product actually extends beyond the tip of your lashes and dries like that, like a little fake lash stuck on the end. I noticed this in particular because I once accidentally created an extra long lash (that was about a third longer than my other lashes!) with it and I pulled on it with my finger before it had dried and it dissolved away on my finger. So this works at lengthening your lashes in quite an ingenious way.

There is a waterproof version of this lengthening Define-a-Lash in the range but have the regular one and I can that although it is not waterproof, it does not

smudge and stays put very well all day. I can easily remove it with eye make-up remover at the end of the day too.

I bought this from Boots for £7.99 which is reasonable enough as it does what it claims to do really well and I am very pleased with it. This has been opthalmologically tested and is suitable for contact lens wearers for your information. I had to laugh when I looked on the Maybelline website and under the photo of Christy Turlington it pointed out that the model was wearing lash inserts as well as this product. I think there is a law that forces them to state that nowadays. Anyway, the results are brilliant and I think Boots are currently doing a three for two offer at the moment, so get yours now!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116071194871131/k2311a0716/7.16.10