Oishi Caramel Popcorn  » Food  »
  • I think it comes from the oil in which the popcorn is cooked with

• by dzzy21rn

Since getting butter popcorn that I can put in the microwave, I have wanted to try the readymade pre-packed popcorn to be bought in supermarkets. I was looking for either butter or caramel, and then if found Oishi Caramel Popcorn. I only tried to buy a small bag of 24 grams just to see and try if it is worth the price of about Php 20 per bag.

The smell of the caramel is really strong

when i opened the bag. The bag is a foil-pack that seals in freshness. There are about 120 calories in each bag, and the bag is small. So that means there is a lot of sugar content in this Caramel Popcorn. However, I did not mind the caloric count. I just wanted to see if the caramel is truly worth it.

I tasted one popcorn, and it was really sweet. The popcorn itself is smoothly coated ...

• in caramel glaze. However the popcorn did not stick to one another. That is good because it is not too messy. Eating it will leave a slight oily film on the fingers, but it is tolerable. I think it comes from the oil in which the popcorn is cooked with.

The caramel taste is good, and for a cheap amount this is such a cheap thrill. There are other caramel popcorn in the market but Oishi

is good because it has been an established brand for years and I highly doubt that the process of creating popcorns and manufacturing is really hygienic and complies to industry standards. I think this is good to purchase this because of the less effort in cooking the popcorn myself. However, I could get more in a bag with a microwaveable one, and I have yet to try a caramel popcorn that is also cooked in the microwave.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716071194121031/k2311a0716/7.16.10