Nellos Place Italian Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
3055 Bechellli Lane, Redding, California, USA
  • I have never been dissatisfied with a meal at Nellos and I do recommend it to anyone in the Redding area

• by duckfan

Nellos is an adorable little Italian Restaurant in a strip mall in Redding. It really does not represent Redding in anyway and one wonders why a restaurant would exist there. The back story is Nello moved to Redding with his wife to retire and could not find any decent and authentic Italian food there so he opened his own restaurant, later his kids would run it. I have only been eating at this restaurant for 10 years but my husband has

for over 20 years. If you are like me and drive through Redding on your way to somewhere else know that this is the place to stop. You would not guess from the parking lot or even the inside decor what is in store for you but this place is great.

The decor is fun. It is very campy Italian. There are murals, christmas lights and leatherette booths.

The wait staff is all very polite and they are always dressed in Tuxedos.

• That is what kills me about this place, at once it is so fancy and yet the waiters and food do not fit in with the surroundings. The staff is very attentive and wonderful. Every single time I have eaten here I have been treated like a high roller.

The food is wonderful heavy authentic Italian. You will not need to order a starter with your meal. The prices seem high, but with your meal you get a plate of cheese,

olives, tunafish and fresh bread and your choice of soup or salad. The minestrone is wonderful and very fresh and if you order the salad they wheel a tray to you and make it at your table.

I have never been dissatisfied with a meal at Nellos and I do recommend it to anyone in the Redding area. If it were not 6 hours from my house I would eat there more than once a year, but the food is so good we always stop.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 716071193991031/k2311a0716/7.16.10