Motion Picture “Dirty Dancing”  » Movies  »
  • Unfortunately the show was just awful and only lasted a few episodes
  • I was a kid at the time and even I can tell you I remember just how boring it was
  • The actors do well and really do contribute to the movie but the plot is the best part
  • Now that I am an adult I understand that there were a lot of issue going on
  • I recommend this movie to anyone of any age

• by duckfan

The movie Dirty Dancing was released in 1987. It was such a big hit that someone attempted to make the movie into a tv show the following year. Unfortunately the show was just awful and only lasted a few episodes. I was a kid at the time and even I can tell you I remember just how boring it was. I do also remember that when it became clear that the movie was a hit, they started talking about making

a second film. The original actors who had become very famous with this film wisely chose not to be a part of the second film and it was nearly 15 years before they made the second film which they called Havana Nights.

This is a great movie that kids loved when it came out. It is a romantic movie and an early dance movie. Now we have other movies with great music and dancing that kids love, but back in the 1980’s we ...

• had Flashdance and Dirty Dancing and that is why both movies have endured where as movies they make now like High School Musical people will not still be watching in 20 years like they do with this film.

What makes this film so great is the plot. The actors do well and really do contribute to the movie but the plot is the best part. When I was a kid I only got that it was a romantic comedy. Now that I am

an adult I understand that there were a lot of issue going on. We have class struggles, in addition to religion. Baby’s family is well off upper middle class and Jewish, but her love interest is not only not Jewish, he is older, from a working class back ground.

I love this movie so much. It was the first movie I ever owned and still remains one of my favorite movies of all time. I recommend this movie to anyone of any age.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1116071193931031/k2311a0716/7.16.10