Canon EOS 450D (Digital Camera)
  • The basic functions that I really liked, and I think that make a big difference with a digital camera to dry are
  • The photos come out beautiful, sophisticated, with colors identical to the real ones, is amazing
  • In comparison, I believe that a battery lasts longer than a normal SLR and loads in less time
  • In short, I recommend this camera to anybody looking for a digital SLR

• by BCastle

From the first moment we wanted a digital camera we decided to buy a Canon DSLR , for the good reputation it has in terms of reliability and the optics. In addition, the market had just presented the 450 D, which promised to do wonders with the photos.

As I say, we bought the camera online and receive it within 10 days, but worth the wait.

Upon receiving the box and has a very strong impression because the box is exceptionally prepared and with lots of accessories.

The camera body is exceptionally compact and light enough. In fact, his weight of the camera are the targets. Also, the body is prepared for it very easy to catch it. And they come with a strap that passes through the neck to ensure easier transport and prevent falls.

The management of core functions is quite simple, even for people like us have little idea.

The basic functions that I really liked, and I think that make a big difference with a digital camera to dry are:

- You have an exceptionally large LCD display. To display the picture taken with a great level of detail, so you can decide at any time to repeat the photo.

- Holding down the trigger, takes many pictures in a row at high speed, as the cameras of the paparazzi or reporters football. For the first time I managed to get my Trufit trotting across the lawn gives the impression

of speed is great!

- Take a built-in flash, also can be adjusted depending on the intensity of light there where we’re taking the picture. This seems great, because by little we do get a few tests that many photos are not overly loaded with light, which breaks down a lot.

- The LCD screen can be used to view the photo even before it (live view), but to use this function is recommended to use a tripod, it is hard not to shake it.

- In addition to purely manual methods to set the picture to our taste, incorporates several manual settings. For me, highlights the portrait mode. The fidelity of the pictures in this way is incredible. The color seems sublime. The photos come out beautiful, sophisticated, with colors identical to the real ones, is amazing.

- It has 12 megapixels, is a marvelous, that really shows.

- Despite its weight, it is still an easy to carry camera.

- Supports the attachment of other objectives and scopes. Not only Canon’s own brand, which can be somewhat expensive, but also other brands that make them compatible.

- The management of the zoom is very quick and precise. One of the features of the camera is how quickly responds, allowing us not to lose that perfect shot that both are seeking.

- Includes a comprehensive software to maximize the functionality of the camera, but you must learn to use for beginners because it ...

• is not so simple. Comes with cable for connecting the camera to the computer.

- The camera comes with a battery that lasts a lot. In comparison, I believe that a battery lasts longer than a normal SLR and loads in less time. The only drawback is that to charge the battery is necessary to remove the camera and put it in an external charger.

- One of the most noticeable things is the image stabilizer, especially for my husband who is an expert is to take pictures while moving. I think this point have improved greatly.

- Allows you to put filters, provided they are compatible with Canon, as well as umbrellas, which you say is absolutely essential in any user manual.

- Manual methods allow a thousand and one settings, simply rotate the wheel to choose the most appropriate, since some come parcialment configured for comfort. The ISO is controlled by a small wheel, very simple and very comfortable. In this chamber everything is simplified to make life easier for the photographer.

- Like all cameras, lets put it on timer mode, to get out on a photo without the need of being controlled.

- The internal menu can choose between a myriad of options, among which the best known is the red-eye control, but certainly not alone. In fact, I think the possibilities of this camera are endless.

We are absolutely delighted with the camera, and have already taken some

great pictures. We love to do a course to learn more, because we recognize that we are losing many of the possibilities of the camera.

Among its weaknesses (and say something negative) I would highlight:

- The high price is not suitable for all budgets.

- Although it is rather light, it still weighs. And also a bit bulky, especially in light of the objective that we have placed. It is therefore not to take it anywhere. For example, to go to a wedding, the better the compact, which fits in a tiny purse.

- Additional components are also expensive, but hey, once you get, I think you know what you expose yourself to…

- A camera of such high quality requires that you buy a good case to carry it, thus increasing the price by at least 30 euros more, that’s not counting on buying a filter and a hood, which are almost indispensable. And SD HC card too.

- The manual. Manual includes a fairly extensive but often seems to take for granted things that to a rooki are completely unknown. I think it could be much more detailed and easier. So it’s almost better to use a photography course, the Internet also circulates some that are fine.

In short, I recommend this camera to anybody looking for a digital SLR. The value for money is exceptional because it could be considered a semi-professional camera, and that price is great according to this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4316071193900931/k2311a0716/7.16.10