Hunt’s Chunky Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce
1.5
  • I was not particularly wowed by Hunt's Chunky Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce and actually, I was rather disappointed when I took a taste of this spaghetti sauce along with my pasta
  • The spaghetti sauce had a light green pepper flavor to it and I was not impressed
  • I like peppers, but the pepper flavor in the sauce left a lot to be desired and was quite forgettable
  • I think that the sauce should have had a much richer as well as more diverse vegetable flavor, but perhaps I'm just expecting too much from a spaghetti sauce that costs just under ninety cents a can

• by CirclingCanvas

I was not particularly wowed by “Hunt’s Chunky Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce” and actually, I was rather disappointed when I took a taste of this spaghetti sauce along with my pasta. I must say, I don’t quite know where they got “chunky” from, because I didn’t see any chunky vegetables in the sauce, just small pieces of say a green pepper here or a slice of onion there.

There weren’t even many small pieces in the sauce and basically, the vegetable flavor was found in the

sauce itself.

The spaghetti sauce had a light green pepper flavor to it and I was not impressed.

I like peppers, but the pepper flavor in the sauce left a lot to be desired and was quite forgettable.

I think that the sauce should have had a much richer as well as more diverse vegetable flavor, but perhaps I’m just expecting too much from a spaghetti sauce that costs just under ninety cents a can.

In terms of thickness, I was pleased with that aspect of the ...

• spaghetti sauce.

I’m always pleased though with the thickness of Hunt’s spaghetti sauce, so that’s not something that’s unique to this particular flavor variety.

The sauce isn’t real watery or runny, but it’s not so thick that it smothers the pasta, either.

Flavor though is a bit more important to me in a spaghetti sauce than thickness though, and so, there’s a lot Hunt’s could do to improve this spaghetti sauce, I think.

Even if it means raising the price of the sauce, I’m fine with

that because I don’t mind paying more if the product is improved.

I want to see more vegetables in the sauce and I want the sauce to have a richer vegetable flavor as well as more of a mixed vegetable flavor as opposed to just that of a green pepper.

Again, I like green peppers a lot, but I would still prefer to taste some other vegetables too in this sauce.

Until Hunt’s improves this spaghetti sauce recipe, I can’t rate this product any higher than a “3″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716071193880931/k2311a0716/7.16.10