Timberlake Playhouse  » Theatre  »
8215 Black Oak Road, Mt Carroll, IL
  • For the price of only $10, we enjoyed a buffet before the play we went to see, Oklahoma
  • The food was surprisingly delicious, complete with a very fancy, elegant desert I'd never had before
  • I don't think I have ever seen such a marvelous production in my life
  • Other than this, I thought the place was absolutely fantastic, and I recommend it for everyone young and old

• by Jolls

I am reviewing the Timberlake Playhouse Theatre, located in Mt. Carroll, IL. First, the location is marvelous! This place is entirely secluded, back in the woods of Mt.

Carroll, IL. Next to the playhouse is a resort for people to stay if desired, in addition to a dining facility.

For the price of only $10, we enjoyed a buffet before the play we went to see, Oklahoma. The food was surprisingly delicious, complete with a very fancy, elegant desert I’d never

had before.

As for the playhouse, the people were pretty friendly and helpful. The tickets were very reasonable at only $20 each.

This price was low compared to the brilliant performance we received. I don’t think I have ever seen such a marvelous production in my life.

I was not a fan of the movie, Oklahoma, but the people in this play were absolutely fantastic. They were better than the actors who stared in the famous Rogers and Hammerstein production!

• I was roaring with laughter one moment, and whistling and clapping as hard as I possible could the next.

The performers were all extremely skilled in acting, dancing, and singing. Every single person could sing, dance, and act their hearts out and it was a pleasure to see.

The only negative thing I have to say about the playhouse is their gift shop, which consists of simply an open window where the workers work. It is a small box

of a place, with no room for people to go inside to look at anything.

Granted, they only sell a handful of shirts and sweatshirts, but this deterred me from wanting to approach the counter. Only two people could be at the window at a time, and every thing that you wanted to see, you had to ask for, so the workers easily got impatient.

Other than this, I thought the place was absolutely fantastic, and I recommend it for everyone young and old.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3215071193570331/k2311a0715/7.15.10