Annie Wiggins Ghost Tour  » Entertainment  »
1004 Park Avenue Galena, IL 61036
  • The tour immediately is interesting as you meet at a beautiful Victorian mansion
  • The best parts of the tour included a witch house and the cemetery
  • Overall, this was a wonderful experience, and I would highly recommend it to any ghost enthusiast out there

• by Jolls

I am reviewing the Annie Wiggins Ghost Tour, which is offered during the weekends at Galena, IL. Tours are $10 and run 1 hour and 15 minutes.

The tour immediately is interesting as you meet at a beautiful Victorian mansion.

I am a huge Victorian architecture enthusiast, so I was immediately blown away when I discovered we had to meet there.

It certainly

adds to the ghostly atmosphere too! The tour is a fully costumed tour, complete with guides who dress up in full Victorian gear.

This may sound a bit cheesy, but believe me, it’s not! It somehow makes the tour seem very authentic and that much more interesting.

Our guide wore a full Victorian dress suit, and he carried around a ghostly looking lantern.

...

• He took us to various sites around Galena that are reportedly haunted, and told the history behind each story.

The best parts of the tour included a witch house and the cemetery.

The witch’s house is extremely creepy and gives off that strange, creepy atmosphere about it.

The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable about Galena and all the legends and folklore out there

about each site.

He was very friendly and welcomed any thoughts and questions along the way.

He had a great sense of humor as well (he made the comment that we should pretend to be zombies to passerby cars in the dark coming back from the cemetery).

Overall, this was a wonderful experience, and I would highly recommend it to any ghost enthusiast out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5915071193560331/k2311a0715/7.15.10