National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium
2.0
350 East 3rd Street Dubuque, IA 52001
  • This museum has a little something for everyone, but I would recommend it highly for parents with children
  • One of the most interesting exhibits includes an interactive boat helm, which allows people to virtually steer the ship into safe waters
  • One of the best parts of the Mississippi River Museum is the section entitled River Works
  • Personally, I found the museum tedious and boring, but that probably is because I'm in my mid twenties
  • The only part I enjoyed about the place was that the ticket gets you access to the surrounding attractions in the area, which included a private tour of an old ship that toured the seas up until the 1960s

• by Jolls

I am reviewing the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium, located in Dubuque, IA. This museum has a little something for everyone, but I would recommend it highly for parents with children.

There are six large aquariums, featuring frogs, otters, turtles, and fish.

In addition, there are multiple historical exhibits to teach the history of the Mississippi River.

One of the most

interesting exhibits includes an interactive boat helm, which allows people to virtually steer the ship into safe waters.

There are also very interesting “water caves” to explore.

One of the best parts of the Mississippi River Museum is the section entitled “River Works.

” This area is inviting of children of all ages, and contains hands-on activities for them to explore, in relation to learning about how ...

• rivers work.

The museum also features a 3D theater and shows educational movies about ocean and river life, focusing primarily on the animals who inhabit them.

Personally, I found the museum tedious and boring, but that probably is because I’m in my mid twenties.

For the ticket price ($15), I felt cheated.

Kids would simply love this place, but adults may have a harder

time enjoying themselves.

The only part I enjoyed about the place was that the ticket gets you access to the surrounding attractions in the area, which included a private tour of an old ship that toured the seas up until the 1960s.

So, I would highly recommend this place to parents who have young children, but otherwise, I would recommend adults to steer clear of the place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5915071193520331/k2311a0715/7.15.10