Sui Dreams by Anna Sui perfume
  • I must confess to never owning any of Anna Sui's perfumes before - until now - and I feel disappointed in the fact that I have been missing out all these years
  • On spritzing onto my skin I found the perfume to be not very strong and I worried it wouldn't last longer than an hour or two
  • The prominent notes to hit the nasal passages are most definitely the fruity top notes of bitter orange and the more subtle mandarin

• by Tick tock

When I received this as a birthday present recently I was very excited.

I’d previously seen it in the store where I worked so I was already aware of the scent and loved it!

I must confess to never owning any of Anna Sui’s perfumes before - until now - and I feel disappointed in the fact that I have been missing out all these years.

This particular perfume I’m reviewing right now is Sui Dreams by Anna Sui and the bottle alone is enough to make you want to buy this.

The perfume comes in the most delicate, beautiful and imaginatively designed looking bottles that I’ve ever seen.

It’s not that it’s dramatic or particularly striking, it’s the fact its in the cute

shape of a dinky handbag.

I could stare at the bottle all day as it’s so mesmerizing with it’s silver handle and nozzle and it’s delicate turquoise base..but it’s the fragrance I’m going to describe as it’s equally as impressive.

The fragrance is made up of Bitter orange Bergamot Mandarin Nectarine

Heart notes are Rose Peach Chinese peony Freesia

Whilst the base consists of Cedar Anise Nutmeg Tahitian vanilla Sandalwood Musk

The notes mixed together give off a warm, fruity, musky scent and the overall feeling is it’s a sensual and sexy scent, even though it gives the impression it is more sedate it’s a definite feminine fragrance it emits when wearing.

On spritzing onto my skin I found the perfume to be not very strong and ...

• I worried it wouldn’t last longer than an hour or two.

The prominent notes to hit the nasal passages are most definitely the fruity top notes of bitter orange and the more subtle mandarin. The nectarine and bergamot were in the background but were hard to detect.

The heart notes started to kick in after about half an hour and in particular the rose rose and peach worked well together, whilst the freesia and chinese peony were delicately noticeable.

Once the fragrance was well and truly settled the earthy base notes really started to rear their heads. The most domineering of these I would say has got to be the musk. There’s no denying this scent is predominantly a musky perfume but the tahitian

vanilla is also extremely important as it takes the edge of the musk giving it the sweet tones that makes this so wearable.

As for suitability I would suggest this is best worn during the daytime as it is quite a light fragrance that perhaps wouldn’t be as noticeable in the evening.

The staying power side of this is actually very impressive.

I had reservations at first as it had a very subtle scent when first applied but it did last for several hours without fading too much.

This is a versatile fragrance that could be worn by any age and wouldn’t seem out of place if it was a teenager wearing it or a lady in her later years. The bottle as mentioned is incredibly eye catching and would be the centre piece of any womans dressing table.

Highly recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5615071193170231/k2311a0715/7.15.10