FIFA World Cup Ticketing System  » General services  »
2.5
  • I was initially excited to learn that I could purchase tickets online, but was bitterly disappointed to find that I would have to actually apply online, as opposed to purchasing, and there was a considerable waiting period, on top of the fact that I had to have a valid Visa credit card in order to do so
  • Such was my unhappiness there of, that I decided to scrap acquiring tickets through this method altogether, and I waited for the Over The Counter ticketing system, which was to be implemented in the last sales phase

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

I really think FIFA should revise their ticket sales system as I have had no joy in purchasing a ticket for any World Cup game, from the very first time I gave any effort to it, right up until now.

I was initially excited to learn that I could purchase tickets online, but was bitterly disappointed to find that I would have to actually apply online, as opposed to purchasing, and there was a considerable waiting period, on top of the fact that I had to have a valid Visa credit card in order to do so. Since I didn’t have a Visa credit card, this meant that I had wasted some

of my time in this regard and I was frustrated in that I was in no better position than I was before and I would be missing out on all the first choice tickets, simply because I do not have a credit card.

FIFA then introduced an application form for interests to apply for tickets at selected banks, and I went to First National Bank to get application forms, but found them to be very confusing and complicated. I really felt as if I was filling out an application to take out a funeral policy. Such was my unhappiness there of, that I decided to scrap acquiring tickets through this method altogether,

• and I waited for the Over The Counter ticketing system, which was to be implemented in the last sales phase.

As a regular soccer loving South African, who regularly watches local football matches midweek and over weekends, the Over The Counter system seemed like something more familiar to how I am used to buying my match day tickets; which is either through the computerized ticketing system where we call into the call center and make bookings, or at the stadium entrance on the match day.

I had no idea I was in for a final shock that would drive me away completely. When I arrived at the ticketing center in Brooklyn, Pretoria, I

was met with a ridiculously long queue and when I eventually got to the front, after long hours, I was disappointed further to learn that the tickets that are within my price range had been sold out. On top of all of that, the computer systems kept on crashing and my frustration was shared with everyone else around me.

Now I am sitting without World Cup tickets and am resigned to catching all the action on television.

In conclusion, I was not happy with the FIFA ticketing system and I really feel that they could have, and can do a better job to make their service way more user friendly in every sense.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2515071193020231/k2311a0715/7.15.10