Vaseline Petroleum Jelly  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I applied it on my calluses, the feeling was like dipping your feet in cold slimy and oily cream, sure it was soft and wet, but it was also quite weird and unpleasant at first, as if there were cold jell-o but quite slimy and greasy that was sticking on my feet, the petroleum jelly also wouldn't dry, I think it's not supposed to dry actually, it just stayed there for hours until I fell asleep from watching television
  • I do recommend this product, you can use this for minor cuts, scrapes, burns, and even calluses or hard skin that you would want to soften for it to naturally peel off, do not peel off skin that is still intact as it can be really painful and impractical, just apply Vaseline and let it do it's job
  • I love this product and I won't hesitate to use it again when needed

• by shunnem

I go to the gym a lot and play basketball regularly, so sometimes my feet gets dry and have blisters from all the activity. Sometimes I would get calluses on my feet and they would be so thick that I would get so irritated with it’s feeling.

My wife suggested I try using petroleum jelly, as she uses this for cuts, burns, scrapes, or for any affected areas that needs soothing and relief. The petroleum jelly is very soft and moist, it has a wet feeling and it does moisturize your skin. When I applied it on my calluses, the feeling was like

dipping your feet in cold slimy and oily cream, sure it was soft and wet, but it was also quite weird and unpleasant at first, as if there were cold jell-o but quite slimy and greasy that was sticking on my feet, the petroleum jelly also wouldn’t dry, I think it’s not supposed to dry actually, it just stayed there for hours until I fell asleep from watching television. When I would have to use the restroom my feet in the socks were squishing and had my socks been not thick, they would have spilled out of them.

What I did was ...

• wrap my feet in socks while sleeping and I had put lots of petroleum jelly inside each sock, so even when I was sleeping, the Vaseline would be effecting, the next morning when I woke up, my feet were already dry and they were soft! The calluses were still there, though they had really softened and were not hard anymore. After regular use and after a week of doing this, they finally peeled off and I’m so thankful they didn’t scar or blister or anything, as it would be really painful because my skin would be peeled fresh.

At times I have

also used this for minor scrapes and they do soothe the pain after application, not immediately though, but after 15 minutes the affected areas won’t be throbbing so much anymore. I do recommend this product, you can use this for minor cuts, scrapes, burns, and even calluses or hard skin that you would want to soften for it to naturally peel off, do not peel off skin that is still intact as it can be really painful and impractical, just apply Vaseline and let it do it’s job. I love this product and I won’t hesitate to use it again when needed.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115071192760131/k2311a0715/7.15.10