Olay Daily Facials Express Wet Cleansing Cloths For Sensitive Skin
  • It’s weird, because I do consider myself a person who has sensitive skin
  • They’re every bit as gentle in my opinion

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Let me start out by saying I picked these up by mistake. I meant to get the regular Olay Daily Facials, but I wound up with this sensitive skin one instead. The packages are so similar looking it’s easy to make a mistake like that. I wish Olay would do something more to differentiate them so I could tell them apart better.

To be fair, I find that there’s really no difference in the way these two products work for me. No matter which I chose they work great, which is why I continue to buy them even though each package only lasts me a month at most. Both versions of these wet cloths feel gentle on my skin and they’re both able to clean my face and remove makeup easily without

water. There’s only one bathroom in my house, so this is great for those times when I can’t get access to the bathroom. I keep a package of these cloths in my bedroom for that reason. That way, while I’m waiting my turn to get into the bathroom, I can at least clean my face, neck and hands.

So, what’s my beef with these particular Olay wet cloths? Well, it’s simple. Despite the fact that they distinguish themselves as being fragrance free they have a distinct odor. And the odor is something I do not like. It’s like a plastic, synthetic sort of smell. It’s not overwhelmingly strong but it’s hard not to notice as I rub one of these cloths all over my face and neck on a daily ...

• basis. Yes, I really do use these every day. I actually look forward to using the other ones because their subtle fragrance leaves me feeling fresh and clean. These ones I use because it’s become a habit at this point and I don’t like to be wasteful but I don’t like them as much. My face dries quickly with these cloths and by then the unpleasant scent is gone. Still I don’t look forward to opening up that package again because of that odd smell.

It’s weird, because I do consider myself a person who has sensitive skin. By that I mean my skin is fair, kind of thin and tends toward the dry side. But, it seems that not every product that is designed for sensitive skin is meant for me.

I certainly don’t think the regular Olay wet cloths are more abrasive or anything like that. They’re every bit as gentle in my opinion. Otherwise I would have stopped using them by now.

For now I’m okay with using these until it’s time to buy new ones. And, in a pinch I would buy them again if I couldn’t find the regular ones for some reason. These cloths work so good that I’ll gladly put up with a bit of unpleasantness if I have to. But, given a choice I would always go with the original Olay wet cloths. They are a dream to use and unlike this supposedly fragrance free version there’s no weird smell.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114071192230831/k2311a0714/7.14.10