Almay One Coat Waterproof Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I think that the mascara is fantastic so I tried this product
  • When I began using it at home I noticed that the brush that accompanies it shrinks after sometimes, resulting in a clumping
  • You will just experience further frustration if you insist on using this product
  • I was impressed with the quality when it dries up because it remains insoluble

• by mimi tricks

Almay mascara is one of the brands I have tried using. I discovered it while I was reading a fashion magazine while having my hair done at a salon one time. There was a feature article of this product and read it carefully. Mascara is one important part of one’s make up; many women cannot do without it even. This makes them feel that they are doing the right look for their make up when they use it. The feature article was well-written and it persuaded me to try it. One of the promises that were emphasized in the article was it was “fast, waterproof and anti-clumping. It guarantees fabulous look in your eyes after you use it. I think that the mascara is fantastic so I tried this

product.

When I began using it at home I noticed that the brush that accompanies it shrinks after sometimes, resulting in a clumping. This is no help at all when it happens as you will have a hard time applying the mascara product then. The brush is of poor quality and is not good at all, that it is better to throw it away. Maybe the whole mascara product should also be thrown away. The brush doesn’t do what it is supposed to do with the eyelashes. It is a bother even if you try to use it since the clumping comes in the way. You will get irked by the ineffectiveness by this mascara brush. You will just experience further frustration if you insist on using this product.

• The brush of this mascara is not really helpful. When I first applied it, the wand was strong and the bristles gave in so quickly, perhaps because I just opened the product and of course it should be new. However, eventually, the bristles weakened. It became soft and mushy. It only took me three applications that I was satisfied with the strength however it loosened up after that. Given that the brush cannot sustain long use, this would not warrant the “fast and anti-clumping” claim of this makeup brand. In fact, during the time when the brush loose the momentum, I had a hard time applying it. Like what I said, it will irk you instead. When you will start experiencing loose bristles, application is hard and it wastes

your time. Thus this product does not offer fast application. Secondly, we all know what causes clumping and how to prevent it. Given also that the brush is weak, this is a predictable effect. Therefore, if you are looking for a good anti-clumping mascara, this is not a wise choice.

On the waterproof aspect, it is true because it really holds your lashes well and it is not easily dissolved when tears or water runs through it. I was impressed with the quality when it dries up because it remains insoluble. This is a good test of a waterproof mark of mascaras.

This mascara can only shield your lashes from water or any liquid substance but application-wise it is a headache. It is quite a challenge to be using this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114071192130831/k2311a0714/7.14.10