Caronia Nail Care Cuticle Remover Solution  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this bottle of cuticle removing solution in lieu of an old product
  • I like doing DIY manicure in my spare time
  • The thing I love the most about this product was the ease of using its applicator since it’s devised with a brush, just like a nail polish
  • Texture-wise, I thought the solution was less moisturizing as compared to my older product
  • If you’re fussing what product to use on your nails without causing a dent in your wallet, I suggest you spend your bottom dollar on this item and with many of Caronia’s trusty products

• by jhunie

I bought this bottle of cuticle removing solution in lieu of an old product. The latter left chemical residue in my thumb that was so hard to get rid of. I literally had to wait for a week for the blobs of what seems to be green dye on the tips of my fingers to fade away, even though I was actually pleased by that solution’s milky, non-drying quality. I’ve been using Caronia items for a while when it comes to primping my nails and it’s certainly one of the local brands that’s up my alley. I constantly paint my tips so it’s important that I scrub off the discolored superficial layer on my bare nails at post-manicure intervals. I like doing DIY manicure in my spare time. I also clean my nails myself. What I find creditable about this product are its neat application and formula.

The thing I love the most about this product was the ease of using its applicator since it’s devised with a brush, just like a nail polish. I simply have to run the brush

over my nails to dispense the solution which is one nifty aspect of this product I haven’t found elsewhere. I won’t have to swab it with cotton and get messy. My only gripes regarding the solution is that it dries too early. I like to apply the solution on all nails before I begin the procedure of mechanically removing the nail surface using a pusher. I brush some amount the second time, the product says to allow the solution on for a few seconds to soften the nail before scraping. Once I wiped out the scrubbed particles, I felt the nail beds are kind of streaky but it wasn’t too dry and badly scratched.

The solution doesn’t have any hint of bad scents which is good as I often have to spread a scented hand lotion to suppress the strong chemical smell emitted by my nail polish. My previous cuticle remover, the one I awfully disliked smelt weird, like the strong pungent scent of hair perming chemicals. However, when I smell it up close, there’s actually a trace of sour vinegar-like or ...

• glue scent that lingers but too faint to be discernible. I’m also a fan of Caronia’s nail polish remover and it works in synergy with this cuticle removing solution, together, the nail bed is thoroughly cleansed of lacquer and I find it easier to scrape off the dull cuticle layers than those products highly concentrated of acetone that tends to dry my nails before I even start prepping them.

Texture-wise, I thought the solution was less moisturizing as compared to my older product. I used Bobby’s cuticle remover then and it practically restored the condition of my bare nails, the texture was smooth. Upon touching the nail beds with this solution, I can still feel a bit of the abraded texture. As a friendly tip, you should not douse your nails too much of such solutions because they’re purposely meant to soften the outermost layer of the nails, thereby, making your nails brittle. Anyway, I moisturize if I can’t help the dryness using an oil-based nail emollient pen from Bobby Brown to soothe out the scratchy surface.

It’s more fluid in consistency but not too

runny to be spilling out to the sides, it actually holds well and stays drained along the corners of the nails. Unlike most soapy solutions, its formula is clear like water and not a cloudy white liquid. I like scraping the topmost part of the nail bed where discolorations are common. I’ve been growing my nails recently so I needed to scrub out that sort of yellowish translucent tint over the edges of the nails, especially as it gets longer. Sometimes, I leave my nail lacquers on for too long so they still manage to leave a few thin films of chemical on the surface. I find this solution is quite good at removing those unsightly residues. It costs a little less than a dollar, a cheap addition to my nail grooming tools. If you’re fussing what product to use on your nails without causing a dent in your wallet, I suggest you spend your bottom dollar on this item and with many of Caronia’s trusty products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114071191890831/k2311a0714/7.14.10